• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLARIS 2011

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
THE NEW PRO 800 RMK IS LOOKING LIKE EVERYONE MIGHT HAVE TO PLAY CATCH UP IF THE MOTOR RUNS GOOD. THE WEIGHT LOOKS GOOD IF THE PRODUCTION MODEL WEIGHS 431 LBS TO. I HOPE CAT PULLS SOMETHING OUT OF THE BAG! DOO HAS THE E-TEC 800 AND YAMAHA HAS POWER STEERING:boxing:

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
You mean more than producing the best sled in the bussiness.:boxing:
E.g. best power in class and reliable build, not to mention the nimblest chassis.

Dec 8, 2007
Good One

So are the spring check RMK's going to come with 4 free reflashes, and an extra regulator-and a top end build like the previous years?

Polaris did take home the Grammy for "most miles on the trailer for 2008-2010"

A
Dec 31, 2009
Wasilla Ak
i was told the motor was fixed for the new sled the dealer wasnt to sure of what they all did but was told they made it 2 injectors insteed of 4 i guess we will have to wait and see if there the new sweet sled for 2011.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
My understanding is that if they used the current Rush front end, the RMK has a weak design. One of the Irondog teams sponsored by Polaris are being forced to ride the Rush and the front end completely fell apart on them. Now granted, they are riding hard...but it's a concern for the new RMK. I understand Polaris did come out with an updated bolt kit for the front end that does seem to hold up on the Rush. Not sure which one they are using for the RMK.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The Irondog is a true test of endurance for both riders and sleds.

The Pro RMK has a different front chassis than the rush. Check out the gallery on the Polaris website...no front cooler, different frontend geometry, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if the Rush stays together. They say the glued rear suspension is supposed to be stronger than welded also...We shall see.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I believe all new sleds need to be durability tested here in AK as I know we ride the chit outa them. 5k+ miles/year for me.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
THE NEW PRO 800 RMK IS LOOKING LIKE EVERYONE MIGHT HAVE TO PLAY CATCH UP IF THE MOTOR RUNS GOOD. THE WEIGHT LOOKS GOOD IF THE PRODUCTION MODEL WEIGHS 431 LBS TO. I HOPE CAT PULLS SOMETHING OUT OF THE BAG! DOO HAS THE E-TEC 800 AND YAMAHA HAS POWER STEERING:boxing:

It just may be time for you to switch back over eh? :face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
Nice sig line Ultra

I sure hope that Polaris can get it right next year, they have a big black eye in my book. I know of a few 2010 800 Poo owners having the same old problems this year, the dealers are sure frustrated. :face-icon-small-fro The new RMK is a nice looking sled for sure.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I sure hope that Polaris can get it right next year, they have a big black eye in my book. I know of a few 2010 800 Poo owners having the same old problems this year, the dealers are sure frustrated. :face-icon-small-fro The new RMK is a nice looking sled for sure.

mnt....if you would have them get ahold of me..I will see if I cant help them out..mine runs pretty good and we can try swapping some parts and see if we can get them fixed up and figured out...

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
My understanding is that if they used the current Rush front end, the RMK has a weak design. One of the Irondog teams sponsored by Polaris are being forced to ride the Rush and the front end completely fell apart on them. Now granted, they are riding hard...but it's a concern for the new RMK. I understand Polaris did come out with an updated bolt kit for the front end that does seem to hold up on the Rush. Not sure which one they are using for the RMK.

Actually there are two teams racing the iron dog on the rush platform, one of which is the reigning champs. If you are sponshured by Polaris, and getting 4 free or discounted sleds why not try the new tech? The rest of the polaris teams are dragons and shifts, proven IQ RAW chassis that won last year.

As far as durability of the RMK, it should be solid. The rest of the hoopla going on here sounds like when ski doo put out the xp. it will never hold up, its too light, the 800r motor, etc.. lets see what happens when they are out on the hill, or for that matter at Arctic Man.

Last edited:
A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
09/10 IQR style spindles

My understanding is that if they used the current Rush front end, the RMK has a weak design.

Looking at the pics on Poo's website, the Pro RMK front end looks closer to the IQR than the Rush. Spindles especially.
IQR a-arms narrowed up a little with the new style spindles would be the ticket IMO.
I love the way the 09/10 IQR's steer compared to the 08 and older. Way lighter feel not to mention 10 lbs. lighter.

I'm riding a 2010 HCR and love it, but if Poo gets their motor dialed in and keeps the weight down close to the 431 mark, come 2012 I will be talking to Matt at Hatcher Pass Polaris!!!! That is if Cat doesn't come out with a Sno-Pro based chassis weighing in at 425 lbs. with a 160+ h.p. 800 h.o.:face-icon-small-hap

Dec 8, 2007
Stock Market

They should just stamp Orbital Technologies on the side of all these sleds, for the new wave of DI, I guess you just have to choose which peice of plastic/metal you want to wrap around a $12,000 DI engine.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
14 teams still running
Polaris 7 teams Including the leaders!
Arctic Cat 4 teams
Ski Doo 3 teams
Yamaha 0

Rush Team still in the fight #16 Minnick/Olstad Currently in 13th

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I agree the current generation 800's are still having problems. But most of the burndowns are because of the flawed 4-injector design, and obviously ****ty voltage regulators. Hopefully they get it right this time, Polaris can't afford to have 2 generations in a row (or shall we say 3, with the 02-05 800 VES motor) of high-performance 800 motors with tendencies to burn down like a reactor at Chernobyl :boom:

I think the front end geometry and design is closer to the IQR than that of anything else, and the holz-inspired rear skid should be a real performer. 431 pounds? Count me in as long as the chassis holds up to a hit.

I think that right now, Cat is enjoying the benefits of staying with a chassis for 5 years, all the M sleds run well and I will openly admit that they are the least common motor (and sled) in my shop needing internal work. I think when they do come out with a new mountain chassis it should be in the same area weight-wise with that 800 HO ripper under the hood.

Last edited:
S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
IMO i think that poo got it right, thats why there a little pricey than last years model. Prices jacked up on 800's and switchback 600

Premium Features