• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Plug reading?

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
The pics with the wrench in my hand are of the mag side, the other pics are of the pto side, just different angles for both.

This is an 09 XP. I did a short wide open pull, maybe 5 to 7 seconds, and hit the kill switch. This particular day I was running about 65 to 70% AV gas. Normally I only run 10%. How does the AV affect this plug reading? Wondering about the white dot on the pto pic?

NCM_0202.jpg NCM_0194.jpg NCM_0209.jpg NCM_0212.jpg

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
The pics with the wrench in my hand are of the mag side, the other pics are of the pto side, just different angles for both.

This is an 09 XP. I did a short wide open pull, maybe 5 to 7 seconds, and hit the kill switch. This particular day I was running about 65 to 70% AV gas. Normally I only run 10%. How does the AV affect this plug reading? Wondering about the white dot on the pto pic?

I assume the AV gas is running richer. The burn line on my 09 is into the base of the plug, down to the 1st thread, where yours is just to the base. Also, my plugs were not as black & looked a little drier. That's on a stock 09 with stock jetting @ 6000 ft, tested the same way you did. But I don't know what you've done to your sled or your jetting.

Premium Features