• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pc800 for 1100t

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
With what everyone has said about them, it is still tough to decide. I keep my sleds stock, so is the no 2-stroke oil and no loss in power worth the weight:face-icon-small-con

Yes, if you want the most usable stock sled and have the most powerful stock sled that is truly gas an go for many many miles can't beat the 1100t. It is a very capable tree sled and will out climb any stock sled no problem.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Steelman - I just got back from Idaho last week where we had two M1100T's, my Pro RMK and the PC 800... Here's what I think: it all comes down to what kind of rider you are and where you like to ride. For reference I am 5'9 and about 185 lbs.

I spent very limited time on Hilly's M1100T, but we both agreed the vertical steering post upgrade is a must. That was my second thought.

My first thought was that the sled hauls the mail. Period.

As far as being able to sidehill it, it's absolutely possible. After a short time I could whip very tight circles on it on the flats, and it pulls onto its side easy enough when you get going vertical. It was a very fun snowmobile in more open terrain. Plus, the low maintenance is awesome. If absolute HP was my #1 requirement, there's no doubt it is the snowmobile I'd buy. It's not ever close.

However, for me, power is not my #1 requirment. I rode Cooke and IP this year and there was not one place my RMK (or the PC 800) didn't have the power to get me. For me, my #1 requirment is weight, #2 is how easy the sled pulls onto it's side and #3 would be horsepower. I don't run any big chutes where I need 200+HP. My favorite riding is short, steep tree-filled climbs, technical sidehills and smaller jumps (no cliff drops or anything like that). That's why I bought the sled I bought.

My advice would be to take an honest look at the type of riding you enjoy the most. Once you know that for sure the choice should be obvious.

BTW.... You can't go wrong with the PC 800, it's a great sled.

Joe

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Steelman - I just got back from Idaho last week where we had two M1100T's, my Pro RMK and the PC 800... Here's what I think: it all comes down to what kind of rider you are and where you like to ride. For reference I am 5'9 and about 185 lbs.

I spent very limited time on Hilly's M1100T, but we both agreed the vertical steering post upgrade is a must. That was my second thought.

My first thought was that the sled hauls the mail. Period.

As far as being able to sidehill it, it's absolutely possible. After a short time I could whip very tight circles on it on the flats, and it pulls onto its side easy enough when you get going vertical. It was a very fun snowmobile in more open terrain. Plus, the low maintenance is awesome. If absolute HP was my #1 requirement, there's no doubt it is the snowmobile I'd buy. It's not ever close.

However, for me, power is not my #1 requirement. I rode Cooke and IP this year and there was not one place my RMK (or the PC 800) didn't have the power to get me. For me, my #1 requirement is weight, #2 is how easy the sled pulls onto it's side and #3 would be horsepower. I don't run any big chutes where I need 200+HP. My favorite riding is short, steep tree-filled climbs, technical sidehills and smaller jumps (no cliff drops or anything like that). That's why I bought the sled I bought.

My advice would be to take an honest look at the type of riding you enjoy the most. Once you know that for sure the choice should be obvious.

BTW.... You can't go wrong with the PC 800, it's a great sled.

Joe

Thanks Joe for the honest post.
Rob

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
If we r comparing these 2 sleds(1100t vs. 800t):

Stock 1100t is what, $13k tops otd?
stock 800 $11,500k + $5500(turbo/install/clutching) for turbo = $17k otd

Power - advantage 800
Weight - advantage 800
Reliability - advantage 1100t
Warranty - advantage 1100t
Price - advantage 1100t
Any other categories?

Price reliability and warranty win out for me, and for easy $(less than $1k) u can take over the power category. If the 2013 comes with 38" arms and a vert post, I will be riding one even If weight is the same....but my bet says
they drop 10-15lbs. Maybe I'm wrong.

We also have a PC 800 with a CPC stage 2 kit. The kit was dealer set up and OTD he was around $18,000. It takes around 12lbs of boost on the 800 CPC stage 2 on race gas to hang with the stock 1100t pump gas on the hill. IMO, they are very different sleds, probably shouldn't even try to compare the two. Like I said the 1100t is not for everyone.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I think with my riding, the 1100T will be the sled. I will be riding meadows, climbing open hills, trails to and from, like ease of maintenance, seem they have. I'm not into the tight tree's and step. Plus, I don't want to be last across the meadow or up the hill:face-icon-small-ton

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
We also have a PC 800 with a CPC stage 2 kit. The kit was dealer set up and OTD he was around $18,000. It takes around 12lbs of boost on the 800 CPC stage 2 on race gas to hang with the stock 1100t pump gas on the hill. IMO, they are very different sleds, probably shouldn't even try to compare the two. Like I said the 1100t is not for everyone.

Dang that must be one terrible running PC800T to take 12 lbs on race gas to beat a stock 1100t or maybe the pilot needs to go to a ride clinic.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I think with my riding, the 1100T will be the sled. I will be riding meadows, climbing open hills, trails to and from, like ease of maintenance, seem they have. I'm not into the tight tree's and step. Plus, I don't want to be last across the meadow or up the hill:face-icon-small-ton

You'll love the 1100T. Might even be able to find a few at a decent price. Good luck.

Joe

Premium Features