• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pc800 for 1100t

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I'm a smaller guy only 165lbs and ride in the trees as much as I climb with the 1100t, its a pretty easy sled to ride don't think you have to be 200+lbs to ride it.

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
I'm a smaller guy only 165lbs and ride in the trees as much as I climb with the 1100t, its a pretty easy sled to ride don't think you have to be 200+lbs to ride it.

This is a great thread........ its really showing the readers what the riders are feeling and how they view there Proclimbs mostly the 1100T's......

i respect the views and opinions of all that have commented........ i wasn't brave enough to buy a first year sled but i'm certainly gonna pull the trigger in march and snow check, and from these comments and reviews i'm feeling confident that the 1100T is gonna be the one for me....

thanks again guys for your honest opinions they have been very helpful......

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Not to mention that for less than $1000 you can add 40 more horsepower.

Anyone around in Utah want to give one a try, let me know.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I am surprised at the post here for the 1100t. I ride a m8t my buddy just got a 1100t and i think he is wishing he went with the 800. I took it for a rip and it's very hard to drive the steering is horrible! Stock 1100t isn't even a challenge for a M8T from what I saw. My opinion 1100t needs vert steering, 38" a arm kit and a hijacker to even be in the same league. My opinion drive one before you buy one I know I am glad I did!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
What I'm looking for is stock to stock. I could modify my crossfire and make it out preform a pc 800 stock. But it would not have a warranty or be as reliable. Nothing against people who like to mod there sleds, but I'm not an expert when it comes to tuning. This is why I keep my sleds stock and is why I'm trying to get a better feel for stock to stock what people think about them. I respect everyones feedback and thank everyone who has commented so far.

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
couple of questions????

what is the difference in the maintnence between the 2 stroke turbo and the 4 stroke turbo??........ with the 2 stroke turbo is there much lag at the bottom end compared to the 4 stroke??? what is the performance difference between the 2 sleds both having turbo`s.
honest input and real world conditions please........

I`m asking because i want to snocheck a new proclimb but can`t decide if the 1100T is the way to go or if the 800 with a stage 2 cutler turbo would be better................. for both trees and climbing.

thanks for your input..

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
On the first part of your question .... it depends. Some kits simply boost from ambient pressure and others boost to a predetermined manifold pressure setting. The manifold pressure method is basically how Cat is doing the 1100T and in my opinion the best way to do it.

On the ambient pressure system lets say you are going for 10 pounds of boost, as you gain altitude your ambient pressure is going to drop and therefore your power will drop even though you are still producing 10 pounds of boost.

At sea level the atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi
At 5,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 12.2 psi
At 7,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 11.3 psi
At 10,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 10.1 psi

so how is cutler turbo`s set up........ manifold pressure or the other??

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
what is the difference in the maintnence between the 2 stroke turbo and the 4 stroke turbo??........ with the 2 stroke turbo is there much lag at the bottom end compared to the 4 stroke??? what is the performance difference between the 2 sleds both having turbo`s.
honest input and real world conditions please........

I`m asking because i want to snocheck a new proclimb but can`t decide if the 1100T is the way to go or if the 800 with a stage 2 cutler turbo would be better................. for both trees and climbing.

thanks for your input..

If we r comparing these 2 sleds(1100t vs. 800t):

Stock 1100t is what, $13k tops otd?
stock 800 $11,500k + $5500(turbo/install/clutching) for turbo = $17k otd

Power - advantage 800
Weight - advantage 800
Reliability - advantage 1100t
Warranty - advantage 1100t
Price - advantage 1100t
Any other categories?

Price reliability and warranty win out for me, and for easy $(less than $1k) u can take over the power category. If the 2013 comes with 38" arms and a vert post, I will be riding one even If weight is the same....but my bet says they drop 10-15lbs. Maybe I'm wrong.

M
Dec 11, 2007
Rexburg ID
I took an 1100 t out today and all I can say is what a tractor, i mean weight. Couldnt side hill in the tight trees you just cant menuver it just to much weight. The 800 proclimb its night and day better. Drop some weight and it might be a good sled.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
I took an 1100 t out today and all I can say is what a tractor, i mean weight. Couldnt side hill in the tight trees you just cant menuver it just to much weight. The 800 proclimb its night and day better. Drop some weight and it might be a good sled.

I have no opinion while I haven't ridden one yet but I do know suspension makes a HUGE difference in handling. My 10' m8 handled like a tank until I adjusted the suspension to my liking. not saying it isn't a tank, I just know lots of gu....several gu.......at least a handful of guys on here have said they do just fine in the trees. Could be suspension. Could be their perspective.

Majestic snow,
What sled do u normally ride?
How big are u?
How long did I ride it?
Did u get a chance to tinker with the susp at all?

Answering those questions with all review of the 1100t would give us a nice baseline to evaluate from.

Sam

M
Dec 11, 2007
Rexburg ID
I ride a ski doo 800 xp, 200 lbs, I rode it all day so about 8 hours. The pc 800 would do cirlcel around it. No we didnt mess with the suspension. It may be good for some but for me we ride tight trees just to big and not agile enough.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
I have a Modded 2010 M8 and a M1100 and i will not ride my M8 again its there just in case something happens or some one wants to come ride, Im 135lb and have no problem throwing the 1100 around the power awesome i ride more trees then i do climb it does take a little more in the beginning but once you get used to it you will love it as for the steering i thought i needed the vert at first but now im not sure its needed as for the 38s i have no problem side hilling or carving handles great all around awesome sled, currently stock minus the can but lots more coming...

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
I have a Modded 2010 M8 and a M1100 and i will not ride my M8 again its there just in case something happens or some one wants to come ride, Im 135lb and have no problem throwing the 1100 around the power awesome i ride more trees then i do climb it does take a little more in the beginning but once you get used to it you will love it as for the steering i thought i needed the vert at first but now im not sure its needed as for the 38s i have no problem side hilling or carving handles great all around awesome sled, currently stock minus the can but lots more coming...

awesome..:face-icon-small-coo

glad to hear you like it.......... seems to be a learning curve but once you got it you can`t let go..

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC

I couldn't agree more , all these guys whining about how heavy the 1100T is, either haven't rode them, or just like to b!tch , this is my 35th sled i've owned and it is by far the best boondocking sled i've ever rode ,and up until this week, was bone stock except for a straight pipe , my only complaint was the track , they are horrible on descent , but ,
I knew that going in, Powerclaws are a one way track , thats been remedied with a camo 2.5 extreme it will turn just as sharp as any 162 sled on the market , and its the first sled i've owned that I don't feel worn out at the end of the day , the suspension and balance are that good , can't wait to ride it tomorrow with the extra 100 hp :face-icon-small-hap

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009

I couldn't agree more , all these guys whining about how heavy the 1100T is, either haven't rode them, or just like to b!tch , this is my 35th sled i've owned and it is by far the best boondocking sled i've ever rode ,and up until this week, was bone stock except for a straight pipe , my only complaint was the track , they are horrible on descent , but ,
I knew that going in, Powerclaws are a one way track , thats been remedied with a camo 2.5 extreme it will turn just as sharp as any 162 sled on the market , and its the first sled i've owned that I don't feel worn out at the end of the day , the suspension and balance are that good , can't wait to ride it tomorrow with the extra 100 hp :face-icon-small-hap

You two who say the handle, carve and ride the trees well, how do u have ur suspension set? Specifically front shocks?

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
I don't have a set rate that I set my shocks too , thats whats great about air shocks , I adjust to where it works right for the conditions at hand , btw, mine is an HCR , so it came with the Evols on the front , great shock and easy to dial in

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I sure don't know where these can't sidehill and ride in tight trees comments are coming from, must have not rode the sled for long. Seems like some that ride it and say it doesn't handle like an pc800 so it is no good, well of course it won't handle the exact same 100lbs is noticeable. I find it a very easy sled to sidehill ride tight trees you name it.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
With what everyone has said about them, it is still tough to decide. I keep my sleds stock, so is the no 2-stroke oil and no loss in power worth the weight:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features