• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P1407 Error Code

albernhagen

Premium Member
Jun 6, 2018
Glenwood Springs, CO
Hello -- I'm getting a P1407 error code (520335 5) every time I start my machine right now. The description is 'Exhaust Valve Actuator (PWM Converter - Position). Driver Circuit Open/Grounded.'. I tried replacing the 3 relays on the machine after reading some other threads but it didn't seem to make a difference. I just bought this sled used this summer and the first few times I started it, I never had this message. It only recently came on. Any guidance as to what I should look at next?

Thanks!

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
remember there is a ground wire that is connected to where the front bumper mounts on the clutch side. Some here have reported codes and found that they had broken the bumper tab mount on that side and the resulting intermittent grounding was causing codes/gremlins.

albernhagen

Premium Member
Jun 6, 2018
Glenwood Springs, CO
Well, still no luck. The new capacitor made no change. Leaving it unplugged also threw the P1401 error, so whatever is happening doesn't seem at all related to that. Specifically I replaced part https://www.polarispartshouse.com/o...rical-switches-sensors-components-all-options. I confirmed the bumper tab is good. When I unplug one of the relays (the one with 4 wires going to it mounted on the crossbar), there is no change. So it feels like something within that circuit must be effed up. This is driving me crazy! I am consistently getting only the P1407 520335-5 error code. The manual lists these likely causes:

Feedback position (Dark Blue/Yellow on harness, Grey on signal converter) short to GND Feedback position (Dark Blue/Yellow on harness, Grey on signal converter) open Actuator power (Red/ Black) removed

I'm not great at these electrical issues, so I'm not sure what actuator or signal converter they're talking about.

Here's what the manual suggests as fixes:

Inspect signal converter wiring for chaffing or broken wires Ensure no loose pins on converter connector Replace signal converter if no wire / connector issues are found.

Guess once I figure out the converter, that should be my focus.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

albernhagen

Premium Member
Jun 6, 2018
Glenwood Springs, CO
Okay, I think I know what wire they're talking about. That capacitor/converter lines up with a dark blue/yellow wire that looks like it runs all the way to the exhaust valve motor. So I'm guessing somewhere that wire is bad? Any suggestions as to how I should unwrap the harness to try and find where something might be wrong it? How much work is it just to replace the entire harness?

albernhagen

Premium Member
Jun 6, 2018
Glenwood Springs, CO
After reading more, I have a new theory. When I was dielectric greasing connections, I also greased the ECM connections. After looking at the wiring diagram, I found the EV wire they mention goes to the ECM. So I think that grease is causing connection issues. Any advice on how I should go about cleaning out those connectors?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
After reading more, I have a new theory. When I was dielectric greasing connections, I also greased the ECM connections. After looking at the wiring diagram, I found the EV wire they mention goes to the ECM. So I think that grease is causing connection issues. Any advice on how I should go about cleaning out those connectors?

electrical contact cleaner spray?
(Aerosol can)

Premium Features