• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions wanted on ICE-AGE Elevate kits for twin rail Cats

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
They're still a couple months out on those.

The post was 10 weeks ago. In the post they say a few weeks, now still a couple MONTHS out.

Sounds about right. :LOL:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I almost had to get a bigger one. The ball joints can be a little sticky
Best $15 u will spend. Makes ball joint removal very simple.
b4815aa03838d78c4bac5ac320b67da6.jpg

Sent it

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Best $15 u will spend. Makes ball joint removal very simple.
b4815aa03838d78c4bac5ac320b67da6.jpg

Sent it

Sort of. You still run the risk of messing the boot up. Good hit to the spindle with the cool hammer does the job

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
No risk to boot. This isn't a pickle fork.
Slides right in and pushes on the bolt. Could leave the nut on if ur worried about thread damage.

Sent it

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
3 rides into the new mods it is a completely different sled. Still playing with some shock pressures, but with the elevate kit and the cut tunnel, the sled handles just like my 153 sled does but with the traction of a 162. Absolutely no regrets other than not putting it on sooner. I need to get my dads Alpha and ride them side by side in the same condtions, but my initial thoughts are that it is just as easy to ride as his Alpha is.

The cut tunnel provides a much tighter turning radius both in turning out of a steep climb that you don't make and also turning back up a steep hill. The added trenching affect of not having the snowflap work as a wheelie bar gives you a much broader window without getting stuck as my estimation is the rear of the sled will go almost 2' farther down into the snow before getting stuck giving you much more time to gain some traction or finish your turn down.

The Polaris gripper skiis are much better option also so I run them too.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hey yz250: what did you do with the front skid arm? Did you just leave it in the stock hole, or do some kind of secondary plate in there?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Hey yz250: what did you do with the front skid arm? Did you just leave it in the stock hole, or do some kind of secondary plate in there?

The factory tunnels on I know at least 17+ sleds all have a backer plate inside with an additonal hole that is drilled through to remount the skid for the elevate. I know some of the older models guys are retrofitting require a new backer plate.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I thought the 2017s were the same as 16 and earlier. If not, disregard.

I've been thinking about other options like a slightly longer front track shock and/or longer strap to get the height.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
17s have a lower hole you drill out thats still inside the plate. Easiest to do from inside the tunnel.

It is a little close to the other hole. Hopefully it doesnt create a problem. If so ill just have to make a new one but i think it will be ok.

The front crossbar get eliminated and your limiting straps use the stock holes and now mount to the shock crossbar.

I had to do some modifying on the front rail tips and on the wheels mounts to get them to fit.

Not hard to do, but the instructions definitely need some refining as they really dont tell you anything relating to the rear skid.

Last edited:

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I was also surprised to see how worn the aluminum blocks for the ice scratchers were and replaced them also

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We have another build just about wrapped up and kits will be in stock ready to ship! We do have some back orders to fill but current orders for kits will be shipping starting Jan 1st. They are now available to purchase online as we have parts back in house and are very close to delivery dates.

We have had awesome feedback from customers so far who have gotten out on the snow and can't wait for more people to get out and experience the uprages!

Premium Features