• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions wanted on ICE-AGE Elevate kits for twin rail Cats

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
I have a '17 Mountain Cat with only about 150 miles; Its' value is worth more to me than its' trade/resale value, so instead of putting up ~ $6,000 to buy a new sled, I am considering putting an ICE-AGE elevate kit on it at ~ $1,800 plus labor for install, hoping that this modification turns it into the next greatest sled. The cost is not cheap, but less than a 2020 and I am wondering if this mod is worth it??

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have the elevate kit but haven't got to ride it yet. In theory, it will provide the result i am looking for.
The cost is higher than it should be for what you get but its also the only kit available. Unless u have a machinist for a close friend, (or a machinist urself) u cannot make these spindles for that amount.

I hope to post some reviews next month or maybe next week?

Sent it

J
Mar 8, 2019
A friend of mine just put one on his 2019 alpha. He has no time on the snow yet but the spindles are a work of art! It raised front of his 2” compared to my 2020 mountain cat. Cycles and sleds is installing one on my in the next week or so I hope it holds up to the hype.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Do it! I got some good time on both a twin rail and an Alpha Elevate last season. My personal opinion is the twin rail with Elevate is the best setup ever. The Alpha is a phenomenal sled, but with the Elevate the twin rail gained so much without gaining any of the "twitchy" attributes of the mono rail. Don't get me wrong, the Alpha rips in any form......but a twin rail Ascender is so so good.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
90% done installing elevate kit on my 17 mtn cat. I snowchecked a 2020 alpha but decided to let my dad have it and just put an elevate kit on my 17. Can't wait to ride it. Super easy install on the front. Rear a little more difficult but should be done tonight with it

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
So have been thinkering how does the elevete kit perform in ok snow conditions when pushing snow is not a factor with stock height,what im getting at is geometry change better front raised alot more then back.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
So have been thinkering how does the elevete kit perform in ok snow conditions when pushing snow is not a factor with stock height,what im getting at is geometry change better front raised alot more then back.

without riding the elevate kit but reading all about it and some say it makes things more like an axys as far as chassis stance/geometry. So with raised sled front and rear you raise the centre of gravity, this will make it easier to tip over (flick ability) lol. When in plane the skis and skid will float further out of the snow again improving performance and maneuverability. I dropped my skid last year, there’s some shock/suspension setup needed to compensate for the attitude change, I’m thinking about buying the elevate spindles or the new cat spindles. Cat spindles are not the same as ice age obviously and only give you 1.5” vs 2” hight change. But for me up in northern BC Canada it’s a quarter of the cost to get cat spindles

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
without riding the elevate kit but reading all about it and some say it makes things more like an axys as far as chassis stance/geometry. So with raised sled front and rear you raise the centre of gravity, this will make it easier to tip over (flick ability) lol. When in plane the skis and skid will float further out of the snow again improving performance and maneuverability. I dropped my skid last year, there’s some shock/suspension setup needed to compensate for the attitude change, I’m thinking about buying the elevate spindles or the new cat spindles. Cat spindles are not the same as ice age obviously and only give you 1.5” vs 2” hight change. But for me up in northern BC Canada it’s a quarter of the cost to get cat spindles
New cat spindles are designed for the 2012-2015 geometry..... not so good for mountain riding.

Sent it

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Mountain side products is building a longer spindle similar to a elevate kit it has not been released yet. Follow them on instagram for more details.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Mountain side products is building a longer spindle similar to a elevate kit it has not been released yet. Follow them on instagram for more details.

Linky? No instagram link on their page and searching gives me all kinds of not snowmobile stuff. Thanks!

Premium Features