• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OGIO Big Mouth gear bag

L
May 15, 2009
Anyone have any first hand experience with the OGIO Big Mouth gear bag? http://ogio.com/moto/gear-bags-1/big-mouth-bag-5
Looking for pro's and con's of the bag. Needs to be able to hold all of sledding clothing, helmet, goggles, tek vest, boots, coat, pants, gloves, shin guards, and some other items. NOT interested in OGIO's 9800 bag, so please do not suggest it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Anyone have any first hand experience with the OGIO Big Mouth gear bag? http://ogio.com/moto/gear-bags-1/big-mouth-bag-5
Looking for pro's and con's of the bag. Needs to be able to hold all of sledding clothing, helmet, goggles, tek vest, boots, coat, pants, gloves, shin guards, and some other items. NOT interested in OGIO's 9800 bag, so please do not suggest it.
Thanks

I have no experience with the BigMouth. Had not heard of it.
Looks like it's a bit smaller at 8500 vs the 9800.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I'm with Scott. I have used the the 9800 Bags they have but not that style before. I will say that I have never had any issues with the OGIO bags I have owned in the past so I'm sure that one will hold up as well.

L
May 15, 2009
Get a 9800 RIG.

:)

I'm with Scott. I have used the the 9800 Bags they have but not that style before. I will say that I have never had any issues with the OGIO bags I have owned in the past so I'm sure that one will hold up as well.

Not interested in, nor do I want an OGIO 9800 gear bag like said in my previous post.
Just asked a simple question if anyone had any first hand experience with the OGIO Big Mouth gear bag that they may like to share with me.
According to OGIO's website the Big Mouth gear bag capacity is 8500 cubic inches where the 9800s capacity is 7500 cubic inches.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted an answer(s) to my question.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Not interested in, nor do I want an OGIO 9800 gear bag like said in my previous post.
Just asked a simple question if anyone had any first hand experience with the OGIO Big Mouth gear bag that they may like to share with me.
According to OGIO's website the Big Mouth gear bag capacity is 8500 cubic inches where the 9800s capacity is 7500 cubic inches.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted an answer(s) to my question.

Easy there Sparky.
If you noticed, I was being sarcastic and then I gave you a serious post.
Neither of us were trying push the 9800. We are only using that to compare the volume of the bags.

Let me try this again.....
Other than both being OGIO bags (with great quality and warranty), we can't offer any specific advice about the differences with the two.

I cant say much about the shape or volume, other than I wouldn't want my 9800 any smaller, especially when my riding boots are in there also.
Personally, I wouldn't want the 8500.

It's a good brand, so it's probably going to treat you well if you can adapt to the features that it offers.

Last edited:
L
May 15, 2009
Easy there Sparky.
If you noticed, I was being sarcastic and then I gave you a serious post.
Neither of us were trying push the 9800. We are only using that to compare the volume of the bags.

Let me try this again.....
Other than both being OGIO bags (with great quality and warranty), we can't offer any specific advice about the differences with the two.

I cant say much about the shape or volume, other than I wouldn't want my 9800 any smaller, especially when my riding boots are in there also.
Personally, I wouldn't want the 8500.

It's a good brand, so it's probably going to treat you well if you can adapt to the features that it offers.

Didn't seem to me like you were being sarcastic. IF you read my post you would have seen that I was not interested in the 9800. Also, if you reread the capacity size on the two bags you will see that the Big Mouth has more capacity then the 9800, so it has more room.
Sorry to have wasted everyone's time!
PS my name is not SPARKY!!!!

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Didn't seem to me like you were being sarcastic. IF you read my post you would have seen that I was not interested in the 9800. Also, if you reread the capacity size on the two bags you will see that the Big Mouth has more capacity then the 9800, so it has more room.

Sounds like you're already the expert on these bags.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Oh no, I read your post very clearly.
That's exactly WHY I posted what I did followed up by a super sweet smiley emoji.

Sparky is name that people use as an impromptu nickname.
And odds are your name isn't "lost" either, so I don't know what to call you.

Sorry man, I totally screwed up. I forgot that October is sarcasm sensitivity month.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Might want to check Cabelas. I use a monster duffle bag from there. It's about 6' long. I can fit two kids in it and the family pets.

My wife says the Cabelas bag needs to go though. Getting kind of skanky. I was looking at a Ogio 7500. I just figure if a 8500 is bigger than a 9800. The 7500 must be bigger than both???

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I don't think that will work. It doesn't appear you can fit golf gear in the 9800. Maybe those goofy short pants and some tee's. Clubs no way.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Get a 9800 RIG.

Second that !!!

I have the Rig 9800 and a Klim Kodiac Bag and both of these are awesome bags!! I wonder if they rate the 9800 at 7500 for the main compartment storage area. Maybe the 9800 is for total storage with all the storage pockets combined.

Last edited:
Premium Features