• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gear bags

L
May 15, 2009
Looking for a new gear bag for sledding. I have an OGIO 9800 bag but it's to nice to be throwing around in the trailer or pickup. What I'm looking for is one that will hold my boots, helmet, coat, pants/bibs, Tekvest, goggles, gloves, and related items w/o being so tight you can hardly get the bag closed. (Extra room is nice.) Would like the boots and helmet to have individual compartments. Any help/first hand experience in my request would be appreciated.
Thanks

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Klim gear bag here, does everything you are asking for, and has for over 10 years so I have no complaints.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have the top end Klim bag. It's a great bag. Separate compartments for everything, wheels, etc. It has it all. Big bag though, but still fits in the cab of my '10 Dmax in the back seat and still have the ability to fold down the single seat on the passenger side. Motorfist has a similar bag out too now.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Looking for a new gear bag for sledding. I have an OGIO 9800 bag but it's to nice to be throwing around in the trailer or pickup. What I'm looking for is one that will hold my boots, helmet, coat, pants/bibs, Tekvest, goggles, gloves, and related items w/o being so tight you can hardly get the bag closed. (Extra room is nice.) Would like the boots and helmet to have individual compartments. Any help/first hand experience in my request would be appreciated.
Thanks

I think the only way to get all that stuff into one back is to probably to with a hockey bag.

I have the Klim Kodiak bag and a OGIO 9800 Rig bag. Between the two bags I get all my gear and all my clothes for what ever trip I go on. When you take, Helmet (in helmet bag), boots, coat, bibs, tekvest, avy pack, gloves, base layer, mid layer, some food and your regular clothes, it fills up two bags for me. Honestly I wounlt want one big bag for everything.

I now pack two roller bags and out the door I go. Easy to maneauver and both of these bags are big and can take a beating.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
HMK SHERPA, haven't purchased one yet, price is right, might give it a try.

The HMK Sherpa bags works well too. I have one of these as well but only use it for our trips to Cooke. When we go to Cooke we ride in from the parking lot. Most guys will strap bags down to the tunnel where as I just throw my Sherpa Bag on and go!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have the Ogio Rig 9800. Motorfist edition.
I LOVE having the roller bag.
I used it as my airline baggage on a snowmobile trip.
ALL riding gear went in there, plus casual clothes and all the necessary stuff for 4 nights away. I had EXTRA socks, gloves, avy equipment and all that stuff in there too.
I did carry-on my BCA Float bag though.

It checked in at 49.9 pounds. LOL

It was PERFECT for that kind of trip.

What I've found over and over, is that if I can't get the zipper closed, I've got too much non-essentials. If I can use it on a 4 night trip, I can get EVERYTHING I need on a day sledding trip.

L
May 15, 2009
Thanks for all of the responses and information, looks like I have looking to do.
I have the OGIO 9800 like I posted, it's I just don't want to use it for my everyday sledding, to nice to get all banged up, that's why I'm looking for a bag. The gear bag I have now, just doesn't work as it's too small for packing everything, can get everything in, but sometimes a little hard to get it zipped up.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
If you have a OGIO 9800, I would just use it and enjoy it. There built very well and when the day comes and it finally needs replacement, go buy the next greatest thing.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My riding buddy got at KLIM roller bag. It's different.
He says it's not better, just different.
He got it because he didn't want to copy me.
He admits that on both accounts. LOL

Different=different, but not always better.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
My riding buddy got at KLIM roller bag. It's different.
He says it's not better, just different.
He got it because he didn't want to copy me.
He admits that on both accounts. LOL

Different=different, but not always better.

I would totally agree!!

I've got two OGIO 9800's and one Klim Kodiak bag. Both are great and hold about the same amount of stuff. The OGIO is more compartmentalized, which is nice to keep things organized and separate. The Kodiak is more of an open style gear bag and just throw your crap in, which works well for big stuff.

Again, both are great gear bags and I recommend both !!!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks

Lost,
Couple of our top sellers include the HMK Weekend Warrior bag and the Klim Team gear bag. Both of these have a very good feedback rating. Both of these have internal zippers, helmet and boot compartments, and a front compartment. You are just paying the extra dollar for the wheels on the HMK Warrior.

>>>>>>>>HMK Warrior Bag <<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>Klim Team Bag <<<<<<<<<

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
been using an OGIO 9800 for about 15 years now - still rocking on strong. plenty of space, compartments, wheels, and durable as heck!! several of my riding buddies are using them as well, we all got them within a year or two of each other. use it and enjoy it!!!!

L
May 15, 2009
Thanks again for all the responses.
My OGIO bag is just sitting in the closet not be used and isn't getting any more valuable by not using it, so I may as well just start using it. I know it is larger then what I'm current using, but everything and then some should be easier to find and keep track of.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have the KLIM large gear bag and the HMK Sherpa Bag, Love them both but since buying the HMK bag I find myself using that more often. Takes up less room in the back seat of the truck and it seems like I can get more in it easier.

Premium Features