• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro on the way, need some opinions..

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Well, finally got it delivered last week and I had some of my parts so I started working on it. Sled was actually a 162 instead of a 153 but no big deal. Installed Mountain Fit hood vent kit, RSI scratchers, Hallman Pro XR boost controller and new weights and rollers in the primary.
Still waiting on my Koso X-2 and I also ordered some C&A MTX skis, and a bunch of things from OFT racing like billet wheels, relocate kit and rollover valve.
Anyways, a big thanks to Jeff and Tammy at Skinz. They make a great product and the fit and finish is pretty much perfect. Looks like it came from the factory with all the mods.

Heres a pic next to my Pro.

Twins.jpg

4strokesmoke

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2011
iowa
Has any one else notice that the front bumper is different from before it was shipped to after it was shipped. The one in the earlier pics is real nice. Some what similar to a timbersled but different.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Has any one else notice that the front bumper is different from before it was shipped to after it was shipped. The one in the earlier pics is real nice. Some what similar to a timbersled but different.

The front bumper in the first pics was a prototype that they wanted to keep because they had only made two of them so far so they asked me if I wanted the normal Skinz front bumper. I said go ahead and change it out because I liked the other style anyways.

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
I also just put a deposit on one of the factory push turbo 162 nytro models. I'm concerned about the extra weight and the small gas tank?? Any opinions?

Had a 98 mile, long pull, mountain deep powder day ride last season.Ran outa fuel at the trailer, couple buddies grabbed the skis and pulled it on the trailer, now that's luck! I run a 2010 Pushnytro stock tank.Most days are 35 to 50 miles, so not a problem.

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
if you have the stock tank i would recommend hauling some gas on the back. i have to as my friends can go further than me. or just get the trail tank

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I carry two gallons on the back (rotopax) just to be safe. I usually don't need it on a typical day of riding (MPI 180 turbo).

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
The small tank was one of my early concerns about the sled. Over the last few years I've found that I need fuel about the same time as my buddy's on their 2 strokes (with larger tanks). Works out well, because by then we are ready to head back to the truck!
The motor is stock with some minor mods. If I was going to put a turbo on her, I probably would go with a larger aftermarket tank. Mainly because I prefer to not pack fuel unless I absolutely have to!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I have two Nytros, one normal and one Supercharged. When I bought the supercharged Nytro it had the stock Yamaha skid and as I was used to riding the Timbersled skid with Ice Age Rails I made my first ride a short one and bought a Timbersled to put under it. You lose 35lbs and the diffference is night and day!

Puzzles me guys spend a fortune on thier sled and leave the worst part Yamaha has on it (the skid).

Diggersdandies

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
Kind of random, but asking for a friend with a new '12 Nitro pump gas turbo. Any hints in suspension/limiter strap set-up? Came with both straps on highest hole and 50 pounds of pressure?? For pure boondocking/handling, what is best???

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Just took her out for her maiden voyage. Instant boost and even on the hard packed level trail this thing will pick ths skis straight up. At my elevevation at 5.5psi of boost, Im only seeing 11.5-11.8 afr and temps with the scratchers down stay around 162-168 F. Might be able to turn her up to 6 psi and be around 12-12.2 afr. Could not be more impressed.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Got my order from OFT and got everything installed minus the rollover valve. (The MPI breather hose is bigger than the stock one so Im not sure the solenoid will fit) Ill get it figured out later.
I installed the big nutz axle, some billet wheels, relocator kit, yamaheater, antistab kit, trail tank this week.
Also installed before the holidays: hallman boost conttroller, koso x2 gauge assembly, C&A MTX skis, mountain fit vent kit.
Got 160 miles on it so far and Im very impressed.
Excuse the crappy phone pics...

IMG_1835.jpg IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1837.jpg IMG_1838.jpg

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Got my order from OFT and got everything installed minus the rollover valve. (The MPI breather hose is bigger than the stock one so Im not sure the solenoid will fit) Ill get it figured out later.
I installed the big nutz axle, some billet wheels, relocator kit, yamaheater, antistab kit, trail tank this week.
Also installed before the holidays: hallman boost conttroller, koso x2 gauge assembly, C&A MTX skis, mountain fit vent kit.
Got 160 miles on it so far and Im very impressed.
Excuse the crappy phone pics...

160 on the nytro how many on the pro??? Haha

Told yah once you went boosted Yam you'd be addicted.

Premium Features