• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nypex

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Im really interested in the weight of a nypex. ive looked everywhere and im seeing 455 dry and 580 wet. Does anyone have realrweight numbers. Ive got a propane apex that I wanna put im a nypex chassis.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP LOL

I
Nov 26, 2007
Im really interested in the weight of a nypex. ive looked everywhere and im seeing 455 dry and 580 wet. Does anyone have realrweight numbers. Ive got a propane apex that I wanna put im a nypex chassis.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP LOL

I'd guess closer to 555 dry then 455 dry

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP LOL

It depends on what components you use in your build. Using all or most of the OEM stuff will jack your weight up. However, if you have the $$$, you can get that weight down. I believe with a Diamond S titanium chassis, your looking at a 580 wet weight approximately. Just remember the apex motor is about 8lbs heavier that the nytro. I would just consider adding that along with the wet weight of an inter-cooled turbo nytro with alot of the aftermarket goodies and you will be close.

I'm gonna strongly estimate a 600 to 630 wet range, depending on parts and track length.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've never weighed my Nypex but I have weighed my turbo Nytro and the Nypex is slightly heavier, sometimes you can feel it but mostly you feel the difference in where the crankshaft center is in the chassis as compared to the 3 cyl. The two sleds have a different feel for sure. If I was going to guess I'd put mine in the 610-620 ready to ride range.

M5

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
no if im gonna do it i wanna do it. problem with my apex is it is propane so alot of the weight gets moved to the back with the tanks. what is the wet weight on a Proclimb, Pro, or Xm Chassis. i know the 4 stroke will be heavier. but you think you could get it within at least 50 to 60 pounds of a 2 stroke considering the motor doesnt actually weigh that much more.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I don't think your gonna get 2 stroke weight but you can set it up right to still handle nicely

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Ron at Powerhouse customs in Revy is doing some sweet things with a light weight tube chassis and the apex motor.. 475 dry is what he was telling me a few weeks ago.. Spendy, but amazing craftsmanship,

Its how deep are your pockets??

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It has always been about how deep your pockets are concerning the weight of the nytro.

Those powerhouse custom sleds are a peices of art. I am sure they are near the 35 grand mark for a turn key sled. That is just a guess for a one off completely custom masterpeice

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca

Thanks for the praise on our chassis' there guys!

However, I don't recall the 475 lb estimate to be honest, that seems pretty light for our program, as all of our builds are with 174"x3"x16" tracks. Might have speculated a number with shorter/lighter track options.

I have heard claims of Turbo'd Yamaha's getting below 500 lbs, but have never actually seen one to witness it, or do a component comparison to what we run.

Light is great, but we also believe there is a point of trade off with strength and reliability. Our Chassis are built to be much lighter than stock OEM units utilizing comparable components. We have seen actual weight loss in the neighborhood of 100+ lbs from before and after builds. Perhaps that is where the 475 number came from, ..an extrapolation of numbers.

We endeavor to provide a good handling chassis, that is much lighter than stock, with proven suspension components that excel in performance over OEM stock components. However, we are not interested in building something fragile that will fold up on a mogul-ed trail or the first time it tumbles out of a chute.

As for pricing, each build is different and depends on how much the customer supply's. Ideally, the customer provides a Donor sled for some of the key components such as engine, clutchs, drive & jack shafts, chain case, etc... A stock Apex is an ideal donor.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I'd like to weigh all of our Turbo Yami powered 174 mountain slayers to see how they stack up. I have no doubt my Apex would throw up the highest digits. I'd like to see the difference between tube chassis, my 174 Nytro, my 174 Apex, somebodys 174 Turbo Viper, 174 Nypex, etc...

I
Nov 26, 2007
I'd like to weigh all of our Turbo Yami powered 174 mountain slayers to see how they stack up. I have no doubt my Apex would throw up the highest digits. I'd like to see the difference between tube chassis, my 174 Nytro, my 174 Apex, somebodys 174 Turbo Viper, 174 Nypex, etc...

We can do this shortly. In my group of buddies we will have a 174 nypex, 174 powerhouse chassis, and a 162 viper within a few weeks. A 174 viper a little later.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Update please

icr
Did you get a chance to weigh all the sleds you were talking about in your second last post?

Last edited:
Premium Features