• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D

DOO DAWG

Dec 9, 2007
Arlington Wa. USA
Responded to the ARRA access yesterday and passed the alert on to many people on my contact list. Thanks for the phone numbers...I'll be on that today

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have passed this alert on as well.
Got a dirt bike co-worker to write a litter.

JOHNNYLINGO

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
MTDream this is John from Klim. I hope you do not mind, but we took the information from your post and added it to our website. We also added a link to the pre-written letter that can be submitted to our representives. This information will also be in an email blast that we will be sending out here shortly.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
23 million acres. Doesn't this tell you, it's not about punishing people, it's not about saving the animals, it's not about the environment, it's a freaking land grab. That's all these people know. They are trying to close it all. Next, will be working to exclude certain groups, from the rights they currently have in Wilderness.

The mountain bikers are saying, we should have protest rides, if this crap goes through. I agree.

Actually, we need to assert state rights, and take the land back. Succession is always an option, or the threat of.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
^ I think that's an issue, is that so many groups might not like each other but still don't want the wilderness.... I think the non- and motorized- groups need to band together against this sh*t. Doesn't matter what we think of each other, it's not about that anymore.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
^ I think that's an issue, is that so many groups might not like each other but still don't want the wilderness.... I think the non- and motorized- groups need to band together against this sh*t. Doesn't matter what we think of each other, it's not about that anymore.

True, we either all stand together, or we will all eventually fall.

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
I didn't read every post in this thread....but........

I enjoy riding Togwotee. I'm wondering if the lodges gas station/convenience stores, and other business owners who would be affected have been contacted about this?

Tog Lodge, Brooks Lake, Lava Mt'n, Turpin, Crooked creek, Line Shack, Sawmill, businesses in Dubois,etc,etc would be severely affected.

I'm also wondering what the Blue Ribbon Coalition is doing about this? I have looked around their website, and didn't find anything about this. (Maybe I just couldn't find it.)
Yeah, I'm a member. :face-icon-small-win

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I didn't read every post in this thread....but........

I enjoy riding Togwotee. I'm wondering if the lodges gas station/convenience stores, and other business owners who would be affected have been contacted about this?

Tog Lodge, Brooks Lake, Lava Mt'n, Turpin, Crooked creek, Line Shack, Sawmill, businesses in Dubois,etc,etc would be severely affected.

I'm also wondering what the Blue Ribbon Coalition is doing about this? I have looked around their website, and didn't find anything about this. (Maybe I just couldn't find it.)
Yeah, I'm a member. :face-icon-small-win

Last I heard, they didn't think this bill had a chance in hell. It might have snuck up on them. Don't know about you, but I have been hearing some disturbing stuff about BRC.

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Last I heard, they didn't think this bill had a chance in hell. It might have snuck up on them. Don't know about you, but I have been hearing some disturbing stuff about BRC.

Actually, no, I haven't heard anything. But in their magazine they "report" on a lot of issues, and indicate they have sent comments to congress in issues, but it doesn't seem to me they are really in there fighting, which apparently is what's necessary now days.

Dunno, maybe I'm wrong, and somebody can post some examples to the contrary.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN

what have you been hearing Wade?

I always like to know if "my" groups are making strange bed fellows.....

Premium Features