• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No business with these co's that support eliminating snowmobile use!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Its sad to see how many college kids my age think North Face is cool. What a bunch of losers

I was watching on campus today to see how many people were wearing a North Face jacket. About every 3rd person I saw had one on, and most of the students in each class was wearing something that said North Face on it.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
"their efforts lead to a remarkable recovery for the unique winter eco-system, wildlife and visitor enjoyment"
Somebody hand me my gun and a F*&^ING barf bag!!

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
It's kinda scary if you put in a lil' research into who we blindly support with our wallets. From politics to business... There's a wow factor! I think most of us try and support the companies or individuals that support our same interests but it's difficult to do. To many have multiple sister companies that give dollars to the things that make me wanna puke!

F
Feb 4, 2013
I would also suggest that anyone going to the trouble to write them, point out that they are actively supporting limiting access to the great outdoors for the handicapped. Now that's a PR nightmare that should be shoved in these guys faces.

As a bilateral amputee my only way into the back country is by motorized means. That is why I ride snowmobile, utv, jetboat and fly. Very seldom do you see any of these people that want to lock up large tract of "Wilderness land" very far from the trail head. Where as a lot of my true back country motorized friends get way back in the wilds away from the crowds.

C
Apr 12, 2009
Liberty Lake, WA
I told my wife no more Clif Bars.

I love how these hypocritical pieces of crap use motorized vehicles to get to these areas to ski and they promote using helicopters to do filming and skiing. Isn't that leaving a huge carbon footprint? I would like to leave my footprint across their butts and faces.

P

PNWSKIBUM

Dec 2, 2009
These guys really talk up "human powered" winter sports and make it sound like a good idea to anyone that dosen't snowmobile. But really this organization is squarely targeting snowmobiling. Who else is out there during the winter? Dirt bikes? Quads? I don't think so. I will never buy anything from their corporate lackys again. Makes me hope the snowmobile manufactures have their own lobbying efforts in place because this could seriously hurt their business.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
These guys really talk up "human powered" winter sports and make it sound like a good idea to anyone that dosen't snowmobile. But really this organization is squarely targeting snowmobiling. Who else is out there during the winter? Dirt bikes? Quads? I don't think so. I will never buy anything from their corporate lackys again. Makes me hope the snowmobile manufactures have their own lobbying efforts in place because this could seriously hurt their business.

They should have to ride a wolf to their precious ski hills.

W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
It's kinda scary if you put in a lil' research into who we blindly support with our wallets. From politics to business... There's a wow factor! I think most of us try and support the companies or individuals that support our same interests but it's difficult to do. To many have multiple sister companies that give dollars to the things that make me wanna puke!

Your exactly right, it's hard to know, all we can do is try. We know who the big boys are :face-icon-small-hap

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I was watching on campus today to see how many people were wearing a North Face jacket. About every 3rd person I saw had one on, and most of the students in each class was wearing something that said North Face on it.

I'd buy something else for a backpack if it could last 6 years of constantly being crammed full with 30-40 pounds of books/computer not to mention all the other crap I use it for. There is very few days in a year I don't use it and the thing still looks like new minus the name fading off the straps. Not too many products these days that are so durable.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
You would be surprised at how many skiers own snowmobiles to access the backcountry instead of dealing with crowds at resorts. The sled skiers/boarders which include many of the top pro riders aren't happy with the Winter Wildlands Alliance. This organization is alienating so many winter sports enthusiasts.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
SO if your buying gortex products your are supporting the closing of your riding areas.

This is tough. It's an indirect truth. I can't imagine that Klim supports any of these groups. I'll bet something that our snowmobiles are made up of can be traced to supporting these groups. I've even heard that Ford, Dodge, Chevy and Toyota have donations or some alliance with these groups. I don't defend any of these companies but some are supporting something that they think is good for the back country w/o understanding that it discriminates against the motorized group and the tourism/business' associated with that movement. That's their fault for not understanding what they support. I go out of my way to avoid the companies that I know directly support anit-motorized movements. My wife gets pissed when I pay more for an airline ticket because Frontier is a supporter of wilderness movements. Frontier has some of the best deals in and out of Colorado. It's very expensive to stand your ground!

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
I think the KEEN adds should be pulled from the website. Why promote a product that has ideals to stop activites this web forum is specifically for. Guess we will see if money talks on this one.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I feel it would have significant impact, if upon not buying, we left a card/note stating the reason. "I am not buying this product due to the manufacturer supporting the Winter Wildlands Alliance." Then the clerk can hand that to a manager. Gives them proof that they are losing sales. You could add that it discriminates against individuals with disabilities. May even get some media attention if enough of us do this. 100 business cards are very inexpensive.
Bring the item up to the counter. State that you can't buy it and leave a card.

Premium Features