• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No business with these co's that support eliminating snowmobile use!

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Winter Wildlands Alliance www.winterwildlands.org
Want to limit/eliminate snowmobile use on public lands and eliminate snowmobiles from off trail travel.

Corporate Partners: http://winterwildlands.org/our-partners/corporate-partners/
REI, Cliff Bar, Patagonia, North Face, New Belgium and more.

Backcountry Partners http://winterwildlands.org/our-partners/backcountry-partners/
AIARE and many more.

Our Successes
• In 2013 WWA secured a historic Federal Court Ruling directing the U.S. Forest Service to manage snowmobiles under the same guidelines used for all other off-road vehicles on national forest lands.
• Working with four coalition partners, WWA’s 14-year campaign to protect Yellowstone National Park resulted in a long-term winter use plan that eliminated the noisiest, most polluting vehicles, put a reasonable cap on total over-snow vehicle use and led to a remarkable recovery for the unique winter ecosystem, wildlife and visitor enjoyment in our nation’s first national park and most iconic winter sanctuary.

Our Values
• We see human-powered winter recreation as an appropriate use of our public lands, and advocate for land management practices that support high-quality experiences for skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers, mountaineers and other quiet adventurers in the winter backcountry. Above all, we are committed to achieving our mission.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I have had no problems with my KLIM gear which far surpasses North Face. I get packs by companies that support the snowmobile industry(BCA and many others). Mike Duffy

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Its a dam shame Northface has to do that crap cuz their backpacks and fleeces are unmatched in durability and design.

Really? I find all their products are crap for "real" outdoor use. Klim or any other company that actually makes clothing for snowmobiling is 10x better.

No use for north face and their over priced junk.

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
I wrote off all these companies a few years back, because of their support to WWA. To bad we have to see that KEEN ad on this forum...it makes me sick to my stomach, every time I look at it.

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
I never bought anything from any of those companies and likely never would have.
bunch of pretentious yuppy crap, imo. good to know I'm stickin' it to the right a-holes.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Our Values
• We see human-powered winter recreation as an appropriate use of our public lands, and advocate for land management practices that support high-quality experiences for skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers, mountaineers and other quiet adventurers in the winter backcountry. Above all, we are committed to achieving our mission.[/QUOTE]

They're all about quiet until one of those azzclowns needs RESCUED..then it's dam it all,f*ck it..get me/him/her out of here..happens constantly!!!
Maybe they should be brought out the way they go in..what do they contribute to search and rescue $$ wise? Don't they have enough areas and get special excemption as it is...M*&^@#F&^%@#$!!!

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Gortex is missing from that list...

They support the Conservation Alliance which in turn grants money to the WWA.

SO if your buying gortex products your are supporting the closing of your riding areas.

Last edited:
S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I hear that on rescues. They say "I hate snowmobiles." I have told people. "That's fine, I'll go get my skis and be back in about 4 hours. It will then take about 8 hours to get you out."

I would suggest that we all write to these companies and let them know we will not buy their products.

S

sykosledhead

Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WY
Here is a taste of irony. Keen is on the $2500 sponser lists and yet when you scroll to the top of Snowest and what do you see? A Keen ad.

Just something to think about folks.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I have never and will never buy anything from any of those companies. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
I would suggest that we all write to these companies and let them know we will not buy their products.
I would also suggest that anyone going to the trouble to write them, point out that they are actively supporting limiting access to the great outdoors for the handicapped. Now that's a PR nightmare that should be shoved in these guys faces.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Gortex is missing from that list...

They support the Conservation Alliance which in turn grants money to the WWA.

SO if your buying gortex products your are supporting the closing of your riding areas.

Another reason to start buying more motorist gear I guess

Premium Features