• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW SKI SCRATCHER

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ski-Zs-2.jpeg

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the pictures scott, they look like they work well. Gonna have to get me a set, cause last time out I forgot to left my sidekicks and hooked the trailer and ripped one off, snapped the bolt off inside so I don't want to mess with it I'll just buy a set of these instead.:D

P

prairiepowderhead

Sep 1, 2008
Prairie
Thanks for the replys on these guys, I run them on simmons gen 3 skis, I just lined them up with the inner carbide and they work great.

Thanks for the extra pics Scott

P

prairiepowderhead

Sep 1, 2008
Prairie
So what do you guys think, pretty cool huh. We have tested alot more in the last week and are very happy with the results. There is nothing like spring riding to test wear products, These ski-z's have withstood dirt, rocks, stumps, and brush. havent been able to break, bend, ao rip one off yet. I will get some pics of the ones we are testing up asap

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ok you have me sold on them but how much and when can I order them?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
$59.95 for anyone else that wanted to know. Not sure what was so hard about that:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-ton

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
As for the single ski on an XP, I rode one of those 45 years ago, but it wasn't as tippy. In fact, it wasn't tippy at all. It was called an Alpine. Twin track, 299 cc Rotax, Tillotson carb. Dad later got a back up, for more fun. It was another Alpine, a bit older, and had a 250 cc Rotax. Then, we moved up to two skis. Got the sportscar of the group- a 250cc Olympic.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Do they drag in deep snow when you are counter steering? Do they raise the steering effort in deep snow?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
First, I have not used these, but it looks like they mount with one bolt and a large knob handled nut above the ski. Spin the knob off, and pull them right before you jump off the trail, throw them in your pack or bag for reinstall for the ride out. Not any more work than picking up and stowing your rail mounted scratchers. At least that is the way the pics make it look.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
The first pic that Scott posted sure makes them look like they hang down lower than the skag and would drag. I believe they don't, but the pic sure makes it look like they do.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The first pic that Scott posted sure makes them look like they hang down lower than the skag and would drag. I believe they don't, but the pic sure makes it look like they do.

Isn't that the point? Scratch / break up the ice and snow and channel it to where it will get to the hypax and coolers.

Premium Features