• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Side Vent Option: Tri-Vents

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've developed a new option for side venting on the M-Series sleds called Tri-Vents. I've done a lot of testing with these vents and they have performed well in all snow conditions and water skipping. They are made out of aluminum and finished via powder coating. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what they are and how they look. Please see my full add in the swapmeet if you're interested in a set. Thanks.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1179042#post1179042

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Looks good and the price is right. Boondockers builds something similar for twice the price. Have you torn any of them vents off yet? You should try and build them as a 1 piece unit rather than overlapped 3 piece or am I seeing that wrong. How well do they fill with snow with the small holes behind them? Heres a pic of the boondocker gills. I would definately buy those vents if they were sturdy enough.
sledpics033.jpg

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
Looks good and the price is right. Boondockers builds something similar for twice the price. Have you torn any of them vents off yet? You should try and build them as a 1 piece unit rather than overlapped 3 piece or am I seeing that wrong. How well do they fill with snow with the small holes behind them? Heres a pic of the boondocker gills. I would definately buy those vents if they were sturdy enough.
sledpics033.jpg

I have not torn any of the vents off and don't think I ever will. They are made out of aluminum and are very tough. I found that by overlapping the vents that you could get more holes drilled for venting so that is why they were designed that way. The vents really don't fill with snow unless you are backing up or stuck and rolling the sled over. The heat from the exhaust side melts the snow away from the vents very quickly while the clutch side does take a little longer.

L
Dec 13, 2008
looks to me like the clutch side would suck powder in. tore a small hole in my pet screens at the rear it sucked the powder in like there was no tomorrow

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
this is what I did with a heat gun and a razor blade, put some small pieces of pet screen on clutch side and works well but does collect some snow every now and then for a short time.

P1130111.jpg P1130112.jpg P1130113.jpg

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
looks to me like the clutch side would suck powder in. tore a small hole in my pet screens at the rear it sucked the powder in like there was no tomorrow

I think the vents overlap the holes in the panel far enough so that it isn't an issue. I've had the sled tipped on the clutch side doing donuts and haven't had a problem with wet clutches.

Premium Features