• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: CYCLOPS OPTIMUS LONG-RANGE L.E.D. LIGHTING...OUT-PERFORMS H.I.D.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you keep the 2 amp fuse AND do not run anything else from the TEST-INPUT connector labeled "DC PWR".... then you can run the lights from the 2 pole connector near the headlight.

These lights pull less than 2 amps so have at it.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Is there anyone that has some succes with mounting LED lights from the DC plug in the headlight harness on the PRO-RMK.

I have done that install and the lights work but they are far away as bright as they should be.

so i guess there is some issues with the power, they are on 0,83 amps each witch is 1,66 combined and there is a 2 amp fuse on that DC plug.

Any suggestions?

Are these Cyclops Lights?? We want to know about any issues.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I would recommend going with the twin light setup if you can. LED lights are very powerful but their downside is that the light is mainly projected totally forward with less peripheral light which is important to me when I'm out in the backcountry. These look like really good lights and I appreciate the 2 photos that were posted.

Its pretty tough to make a blanket statement like that.All LEds are not created equal. The stuff (long Range) just being released is 10 steps above anything prior.
Quality LEDs are available in all types of beam angles, we offer from 10 to 60 degree beam patterns. It sounds like a helmet mount would work the best for your application. See Where You Look..I would not ride at night without one.

How would you go about mounting one of these up if you wanted to have it in addition to the stock lighting?

You could mount the light or lights from the riser or handle bar clamps, this has the added benefit of turning with they bars.
Others have mounted Aux lights on the hood. I personally prefer the riser mount.

darens

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Morgan, Utah (pronounced HoooHaw)
Phatboy...

Regardless of what the turbo builder has told you.... I HIGHLY recommend Against using the red/yellow with a larger fuse (Acc pwr) red/white (DC TEST power, inapproprately labled "DC PWR" ) for ANYTHING but very low draw items.

Do not run anything into the "DC PWR" . This is a DC TEST port... unfused and also powers up vital components like the ECU etc...

Hey Mountainhorse - if i am running a halogen bulb light - what should i be hooking into? (assuming the red/yellow) And where do you recomend connecting on a Pro and also on an IQ?

thx in advance

d

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Definately NOT the red yellow unless you leave in the 2 amp fuse in and NOTHING plugged into the test/diagnostic connector labled "DC PWR"... IMO... bad choice of labeling on the part of Polaris.

You should be running any halogen on AC power in the headlight circuit.

Make a clean splice into the high beam on one of the headlights to run your plug.... both on the ... Halogens only.. not HID or LED.

André

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Sweden
Are these Cyclops Lights?? We want to know about any issues.

No it´s not cyclops LED´s but it is high quality LED´s, so it´s nothing wrong with the lights and they are working.

10W 900 lumens 0,83 amps and 20 degres each.

But i am pretty sure that they are not working as they should since my flashlight on 178 lumens is much brighter than these that is 900lumens each.

so i guess i have some DC power issues.
i am going to test the lights with an 12v battery to see if they get brighter.

someone else that have these problems?

Premium Features