• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Kmod Skid

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Can’t believe there is no talk about this new skid from kmod on here yet? I haven’t rode an alpha but this seems like a pretty cool deal for my expert.

Wonder how that works with the skidoo track? Haven’t really seen any details on it yet other then this pic

4F199FE5-DCAD-4A86-B009-6609FE6B9224.png

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
At 15K to 20K for a new toy, I think aftermarket upgrades are falling to the wayside, for the vast majority of owners anyways. They'll always be the faction that goes the extra mile, and God bless them, however, as a whole all the manufacturers have created sleds that are light years ahead of where they were even in the recent past, I think most of us could admit that our current sleds are way more capable than we are as riders. For the average rider aftermarket mods have become irrelevant...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Can’t believe there is no talk about this new skid from kmod on here yet? I haven’t rode an alpha but this seems like a pretty cool deal for my expert.

Wonder how that works with the skidoo track? Haven’t really seen any details on it yet other then this pic
It won't work with doo track. Have to run an alpha track which is better anyway.

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
I would think it can somehow be used with the stock track. Otherwise your swapping drivers and have to have custom ones made? If it involves all of that count me out but if I can just swap skids this would be really sweet to try out

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Think about where your rails are located now, and the clips and windows in the track associated with it. Now, think about an alpha rail running down the center of your track.. that's going to wear down your track very quickly. hence why the alpha track has clips and windows running down the center of the track. It is also the only track available in this configuration.

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Think about where your rails are located now, and the clips and windows in the track associated with it. Now, think about an alpha rail running down the center of your track.. that's going to wear down your track very quickly. hence why the alpha track has clips and windows running down the center of the track. It is also the only track available in this configuration.
Completely blanked on that part. Duhhh.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Drops into the Alpha. They'll have to offer kits for doo and poo, with the PC. On the snow already. The results in other tunnels with the PC should be fun to hear. Kmod might be selling a few of these, gotta love capitalism...

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
can't the same be done to a large extent with the adjustable limiter strap? i know changing from short to long on my sled makes a definite difference especially when climbing. cost was around 4 hrs of my time and 120 bucks.

Premium Features