• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Avy bags ???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting new avy pack design.

Came across these and was wondering if anyone has any real time with one or messed around with one??

Looks kinda interesting, no compressed air and you can actually fly with it. I also like the idea of being able to deploy, repack and reuse on the hill. No third person involved with filling a tank or sending a system in like ABS.

http://www.pieps.com/en/product/pieps-jetforce-tour-pro

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/search?q=jetforce&gclid=CJbD8vLipcMCFRQ2aQodABkA_Q

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
jetforcetour_inflated_0.png

jetforcetour-pro34_rd_0.png

pieps_05_2014-10_1.jpg

Automatic Self-Diagnosis
The integrated PIEPS electronic performs a system check on every startup and during operation. LEDs indicate the system status.

Jet-Fan
The battery-powered jet-fan inflates the extremely resistant 200 liter airbag in 3 seconds. Frequently refills prevent that air escapes in case of small scratches.

Multiple Deployments
The travel-friendly and compact lithium-polymer-battery supports 4 or more deployments per charge.

User Practice
The airbag is easy to inflate and repack for several deployments or for practice. Intuitive handling. Zero cost.

Automatic Deflation
The airbag automatically deflates after 3 minutes. In case of emergency the pressure on the buried person is reduced and the evolved 200 liter air pocket ensures oxygen supply. Therefore the chance of survival is rising.

Details

Compression strap with non-icing PIEPS buckle
Integrated safety strap for glacier tours
Special safety gear compartment for shovel and probe
Special helmet attachment – removable and easily stowed
Combined ski and snowboard carrying system, suitable for all widths

Technical Data

• Weight: 3500g
  • Colors: black/PIEPS-yellow, black/chili-red
  • Volume: 34 liters
  • Sizes: Torso: 41-48 cm, Waist: 66-130 cm

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
We have them at my work and ive played with them a bit blown them off ect. Gotta say the technology inside is amazing, the idea is great and its honestly probly the best design itself out there.... But the bag... Wow... I hate almost everything about it, its heavy to begin with, it weighs significantly more then my float 32 and thats by looking at just the small bag. I believe the small bag you can only access it from the back, like where your back goes. The space inside sucks, yes there might be a decent amount of room but its organized terribly, its extremely narrow and if you have a laptop of something like that big or small bag I dont think itll fit in there, its just terrible the way its organized. I belive the big bag you can only open from the back too but I only played with that one a tiny bit.

Overall the technology is there, its great, but the bag itself is just so bad I wouldnt even consider buying one. Also the price point like said above is about $1300.

I know they are pretty much the same bag but im basing this off of the BCA incase anything is different

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting concept but not sure if I'm sold????

I've been looking into different avy bags and happen to come across this system.

I currently run a BCA Float 22 Throttle but I'm just not overly impressed with their system. I've been through two bottles that don't hold air and now my current one is starting to loose air as well.

I've actually been looking into the Ortovox Base 20 with the ABS system.

Any thoughts on this system??????

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Interesting concept but not sure if I'm sold????

I've been looking into different avy bags and happen to come across this system.

I currently run a BCA Float 22 Throttle but I'm just not overly impressed with their system. I've been through two bottles that don't hold air and now my current one is starting to loose air as well.

I've actually been looking into the Ortovox Base 20 with the ABS system.

Any thoughts on this system??????

Honestly the system is spot on, it seems amazing, and even if the batteries start to loose charge youll know cause it tells you your battery % on the handle, and you can charge it every night if you want.

But I dont recommend buying this bag until you at least see one in person, this is some really annoying factors that come into play like I said above. If actual use of the bag isnt very important and more just the system inside id go with it, and weight of course is a huge factor.

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
just keep in mind that pieps and black diamond are big contributors to the anti-motorized groups.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
BCA ProVest. Was in the Avy section, then it wasn't. Maybe the news was getting ahead of the official press, but, pretty cool execution, they gonna sell alot of them, if they're real.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
BCA ProVest. Was in the Avy section, then it wasn't. Maybe the news was getting ahead of the official press, but, pretty cool execution, they gonna sell alot of them, if they're real.

I saw that, I use my vest as a core layer, And want to be able to take off the pack at lunch and keep the core warm, Wont work for me

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I saw that, I use my vest as a core layer, And want to be able to take off the pack at lunch and keep the core warm, Wont work for me

I'm the exact same way, I usually wear a very thin base layer, jersey and my tekvest and then my outer shell. Then obvioulsy my avy pack on the outside.

This posses and an issue anytime I stop and want to remove my pack to get something out or take a short lunch break and relax a little.

It's a very interesting concept for sure but also question how well the weight will hang on you???? With a normal pack or avy pack you can adjust the straps, tighten, loosen and get it to fit just right and make the weight on your back distributed where "you" want it. Again, just little things to think about.

Premium Features