• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW 09 Custom Bumper ***Spy Pics***

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Hey curt so is there a possibility to do some dual colors like the skid plate white (try to match the new dragon as close as possible) and the bumper silver?

You bet, just bear in mind that the custom colors usually take a bit to get done especially if its a color that we are not doing common runs of.

we should have production parts at the Puyallup snow show for display. Johns sweet boosted dragon will have the bodywork conversion and bumper installed....all on display in the booth along with all of our Dragon/RMK mods and custom components to include our fuel controller, billet heads, porting, conversion jackshafts, drop and roll kit, billet chaincase covers,front and rear suspension packages, flat rails, custom seat re-cover and Turbo's of course!

come see us if you can! always nice to put a face to a name!

Don't forget, we are taking pre-orders on bumpers and body conversions for end of Oct. delivery....the first batch is going quick already!
all we need is your contact info and color choice....we wil get ahold of you right before delivery for payment.

curt

Last edited:
R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Flit-e, Polished chromoly with a clear powder coat might look cool and unique. It gives it that polished/brushed raw industrial look. I am currenty doing this to a couple of other parts and will post pics of how that turns out.

Also, I should have final powder coated pictures of the bumper this weekend!

-John

Flit-e

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Riverton, Mountain View..Wyoming
Flit-e, Polished chromoly with a clear powder coat might look cool and unique. It gives it that polished/brushed raw industrial look. I am currenty doing this to a couple of other parts and will post pics of how that turns out.

Also, I should have final powder coated pictures of the bumper this weekend!

-John

Great idea, Thanks John!!

-Flit-e

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
I have been on the fence about these bumper systems, i agree that they would protect the plastic front end much better than stock but i think that the plastic serves as a shock absorber to help prvent bulk head damage and if you are attaching these bumbers directly to the frame then that is what will bend or break instead of the cheaper plastic pieces. I am not bashing just airing my concerns with these or any bumber systems.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Minecat.... I've been looking at the designs of the bumpers since they started coming out (I got the first TCP off the line).

If you hit something hard enough to damage the bulkhead WITH a bumper... you most likely would do the same without...

That being said, if you did bend the bulkhead with the bumper on...you would have to buy a tunnel and bulkhead at around $1100 from your Polaris dealer...

Compare that to the cost of the fenders, hood, hinges, bumpers(plastic or 2009), not to mention the pipe, can, airbox etc from the engine being pounded back by whatever you hit.....

Most likely the bulkhead will not be damaged ...

I dont have a pic of it, but Rideguy impaled his sled on a tree enough to tweak the TCP bumper on his sled (he smacked it pretty good) and the bulkhead was fine... that was on a 900 with the same design in the bulkhead, and no tollerance for engines being out of line.

IMO... the bulhead/tunnel is cheaper than the other parts... but I DOUBT you would bend the bulkhead on all but the most severe hits that would render the sled useless in the first place....

According to the chassis builders that I respect, like Mark Holz, Mike Vanaburg, Mike at Fabcraft and others.... the Polaris IQ bulkhead is the the strongest bulkhead of any sled on the market, hands down!

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Mountainhorse is correct.

I designed this bumper with replaceable brackets that will bend first in a serious impact. Furthermore, the 09 sway bar mount that the stock bumper and my bumper bolt to will bend before the bulkhead.

Anyhow, just got the bumper back from powder coat. I will have it installed tomorrow.

CoBe Bumper white 1.jpg CoBe Bumper White 2.jpg

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
production pics installed

:) OK guys, here's the final installed bumper pics...it sure is nice working with someone who cares as much about his final product as we do with all of ours!

The fit and finish is impeccable, install is a piece of cake and the function matches the form!

We will have the first wave of bumpers and body conversions out by the end of the month to everybody who already contacted me to get on the list as promised.

Also, a friendly reminder....please try to contact me at the shop by phone (253-848-0908) or my shop e-mail (tricksleds@hotmail.com). As you can tell by the number of my posts I don't get to hang out here often and my PM's sometimes go a week before I have time to look at them! I guess thats life with a busy business!

Huge Thanks to ALL of you that have already pre-ordered and if anyone is heading to the Puyallup show , be sure to stop by the booth and check us out!

curt

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
can help but notice the a arms are they chromoly as well ??
they almost look like ti? and skinny?
cool! i built my own chromoly a arms and are much lighter and stronger.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
can help but notice the a arms are they chromoly as well ??
they almost look like ti? and skinny?
cool! i built my own chromoly a arms and are much lighter and stronger.

I will post some more info and pictures on the arms in a new thread. The arms are made from Streamline Aero chromoly. The streamline is stronger and lighter than the round. The only downside is that these are very expensive to make. However, they are similar weight to the Ti stuff. The looks is from hours of hand sanding and polishing them.

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
love the bumper design, the only suggestion would design the hood hinge points to be adjustable so after a tree strike you can realign the hood otherwise perfect.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
I will post some more info and pictures on the arms in a new thread. The arms are made from Streamline Aero chromoly. The streamline is stronger and lighter than the round. The only downside is that these are very expensive to make. However, they are similar weight to the Ti stuff. The looks is from hours of hand sanding and polishing them.

ya mine took a hand full of hours ,But worth it
4130chromoly 0.050" wall :beer;

sled3 006.jpg

Premium Features