• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fastrax Pro RMK 4130 Chromoly Front Bumper

Get a hold of Curt at Fastrax...this was a custom wrap...but I'm sure they kept the template and could do it again.

I hit a tree and am replacing my bent skins bumper and upper A frame. But finished the season with three more rides. Probably would have been a smashed pipe. Going back with another skins on my pro.. It plowed slot of smaller trees and held up great. [ what trail ].

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
I hit a tree and am replacing my bent skins bumper and upper A frame. But finished the season with three more rides. Probably would have been a smashed pipe. Going back with another skins on my pro.. It plowed slot of smaller trees and held up great. [ what trail ].

A quote about the wrap and post about someone else's bumper..... What did I miss?:noidea:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Stronger bumper is recommended :) Stock cant handle any hits. This is the tree and the result, and two pictures of my new own fabricated bumper.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
the bumper maybe stronger but they used aluminum Hiem joints to fold insted of the bumper so the same effect is most likely going to happen.

the bulkhead tabs will go before the AL heim joints, I've run AL heims for years on racecars and all sled suspention areas, trust me a top quality AL heim from Aurora is actually stronger (almost double ) than a cheap mild steel heim

1/2 inch economny mild steel rod end...max load 8650 pounds

1/2 inch aurora aluminium xd rod end ..max load 15600 pounds

ansd I totally agree that the stock bumper is very weak, I had a tree hit at pretty slow speed and it took bumper and put a whopping big dent in the pipe...pipe could not be fixed..

Last edited:
S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
curt's got some pretty awesome builds. his work is super clean.

4z do u remember whatever happened to that widened phazer? with that track mod?

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
FTX's stuff is always of the highest quality. You get what you pay for. That is why I have been a customer of theirs for almost 6 years now. Curt will not put anything out there unless it is of the highest quality and he can back it up. They (Curt and Justin) always do everything in their power to make sure each and every customer is satisfied. Being in business that long, you would expect there are some tools out there that you just cannot please, but I have not met any.

Think about it, has FTX ever been flamed on any forum.... ever? I have not seen it.

That goofy Phazer that they built for one of their customers from Oregon has not surfaced that I know of. It was a very cool idea, not sure it went anywhere....

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Nice work. I like the way that the bumper is shaped. Seems less likely to collapse and absorb all the energy of a hit. Looks like it will deflect it to the sides. Also, really like the rod ends. Super clean and professional. The Polaris Extremely Crappy Bumper is just smashed flat tubing where it attaches there. Just like a Chinese made Wal Mart bicycle. Also if you do tweak it you can pull it back straight as it's chromo not aluminum that cracks when you try and bend it back. Very cool. A+

Premium Features