• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need suspension help. stuck bolt

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have a 2016 axys and am upgrading A arms and front shocks. I went to remove A arms from bulkhead and all nuts came off easy but I have one stubborn one. We tried heat and penetrating oil. we've used Vice grips and large Channel locks because it is all that seems to grip it well enough. I can't get it to budge. at all. Im not sure if previous owner used high strength thread locker??? I sure don't want to ruin the post coming out of the bulkhead while trying to figure this out... Any ideas I can try? What happens if I were to mar up the threaded post that comes out of the bulkhead? Is it replaceable?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 2016 axys and am upgrading A arms and front shocks. I went to remove A arms from bulkhead and all nuts came off easy but I have one stubborn one. We tried heat and penetrating oil. we've used Vice grips and large Channel locks because it is all that seems to grip it well enough. I can't get it to budge. at all. Im not sure if previous owner used high strength thread locker??? I sure don't want to ruin the post coming out of the bulkhead while trying to figure this out... Any ideas I can try? What happens if I were to mar up the threaded post that comes out of the bulkhead? Is it replaceable?

The threaded stud is replaceable.

Just like a lug stud on a vehicle.

Put heat to it?

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
We've put a bunch of heat to it and I don't want to do it so much that I compromise the bolt itself. What I have done should have loosened any thread locker causing any problems. I think I am at the point of carefully using a cut-off wheel on a Dremel type tool and cutting the nut until she separates. any problems with this?

Premium Features