• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help choosing a trailer

S
Dec 24, 2018
I bought a new Charmac Trailer Keith Curtis Edition. It started falling apart after 1 year of use. Rusted out panels, rusted out screws, rusted out frame, fasteners coming apart everywhere. And fenders falling off because of the failing fasteners. Stay away from Charmac. They look good when they are new but are garbage! IMG_2142.JPGIMG_2164.JPGIMG_2151.JPGUnsecure Shims in Charmac Trailer.pngFailed Weld in Charmac Trailer.pngIMG_4930.JPGIMG_4935.JPG

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I bought a new Charmac Trailer Keith Curtis Edition. It started falling apart after 1 year of use. Rusted out panels, rusted out screws, rusted out frame, fasteners coming apart everywhere. And fenders falling off because of the failing fasteners. Stay away from Charmac. They look good when they are new but are garbage! View attachment 334451View attachment 334452View attachment 334453View attachment 334454View attachment 334455View attachment 334456View attachment 334457
How old is this trailer?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
My buddies 1 year old charmac had the exact same issue.
and he had an axle break away from trailer.
Charmac fixed the axle, and dealer was doing everything they could do to help fix the other issues. He decided at that point to let the dealer fix what they could per charmac, and he sold it.
another charmac in the group continues to have furnace issues, been back to the dealer many times.
I think they (charmac)build a quality product, I've seen older models hold up great for many years.
builds vary yearly from all manufactures.
I’ve owned interstate (not a bad trailer for the 5 years I owned it)
a 2008 mirage(owned it 7 years, would never buy another one)
pace (only had 2 years, real basic enclosed) and last year I ordered a Trails West, and will have owned it a year next month.
Best trailer I’ve ever owned . Fit and finish above most, totally impressed with overall build/paint quality.
It gets used a lot and is holding up above expectations.
Still looks brand new inside and out. Let’s see in 3-5 years how it holds up. So far it’s doing better than any trailer I’ve owned.
just my 2 cents

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Another vote for Legend !! I have had mine now for 4 years and it's been a great trailer. It's the all aluminum with a finished interior, cabinets, and I added an aftermarket tile floor along with a few other odds and ends. The trailer pulls great and is holding up very well!

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Just a thought. When I got my trailer I wanted a low 7 wide to deal with the wind, but I think my next one will be tall so it’s easier to wash the salt off the undercarriage, BUT could a guy pull it through a truck wash? Do they have undercarriage jets like some car washes???? I really have no idea, but I do think the secret with steel is to keep it clean.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I have a triton 7 x29 pulls great and has held up well is 6 years old with well over a hundred thousand miles. It gets washed after every trip. I bought a sidewalk or driveway attachment for my pressure washer from lowes turn it upside down and wheel it under trailer works great to wash underside.

Premium Features