• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need glove recommendation - Klim

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I have the Powerxross glove and it keeps my hands warm most of the time. Thus looking for another Klim glove that is warmer.

Any feedback on the Fusion?

Or on the Elite? Only reason I'm looking at this one is because supposedly per Kilm it's their warmest glove; and dealer has last year model on sale. Just don't know if it's worth that price still.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I like to carry 3 pairs of $10 and under bargain bin gloves. I've tried many expensive gloves and they all seem to wet regardless of price or guarantee. In my west cost climate, keeping dry is more important than keeping warm.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I have the Powerxross glove and it keeps my hands warm most of the time. Thus looking for another Klim glove that is warmer.

Or on the Elite? Only reason I'm looking at this one is because supposedly per Kilm it's their warmest glove; and dealer has last year model on sale. Just don't know if it's worth that price still.

I have the Klim Fusions, they are awesome. I sometimes use them skiing and since the liner thing is split when i ski i put my hand so there is more insulation in the palm.

Havn't got wet in them.

I have some motorfist recons that are nice too.

I wore thin Fly Title? Longs I got from blownmotor though 99% of the time which are waterproof as well.. if they ever did get wet and I was bitching about cold hands i pulled the Klim Fusions out of my pack as backups and relief :)

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND

I bring 3 thinkness of Klim gloves when I go out. That way I am good for any condition. I have had great luck with klim gear and would go no other way.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Klim gloves are the worst.

Black Diamond Guide glove….I wear them on the trail ride in and out….excellent glove and very warm.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
True Adventure Gear!!!

Yes! I love Klim almost everything but never had good luck with their gloves. Got TAG gloves last year and haven't looked back. Same pair all day is the norm and they stay dry as long as you don't put wet hands back in them.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
True adventure gets my vote!!

I vary depending on the conditions but my go-to gloves from freezing to -10ish are by True Adventure. I like the Fly foam backed med weight "racing" glove as well.

For super cold trail runs (65 miles) to my buddy's lodge (-20 or colder) I have a pair of genuine, hand-sewn "Eskimo" mittens made of bearded seal skin. I have to turn my bar heaters off. I keep these in my pack at all times. They're also my emergency mittens.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

I love the Fusion, great cold weather glove. I'm going on my 3rd pair since the came out. I suffered nerve damage using the Elite, do NOT think those are a warm glove because they are not.

Fusion works great, no liner, no fuss.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I love my Klim gear. HOWEVER, I bought a pair of the Powerxross gloves last season and they were terrible. They wadded up between the palm of my hand and the grips. They felt like the were too many layers of material slipping around to get a good grip.

I have Fly Title Long gloves for warmer days and True Adventure Gear for the rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I've been running the KLIM Summits for the past two seasons and have good luck with them. I put the liner in on colder days -15*f or below. But I prefer to run them without the liner for most days. Never had a hand get wet in my KLIM Gloves yet. I have a pair of summits as a back-up pair but never end up needing them. I move to the Inversion when the weather gets warmer.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012

Fusions are a great option. We generally ask customers if they want the ability to remove the insulation, or just adjust where they put there hand. So it really depends on what your personal preference is. They use the same GoreTEx waterproofing system as the Summit which is the next step up. Basic differences between the two gloves is the Summit has a few more features on the back palm, and interior. Other than that, both great options! Also just a note, none of the gloves were changed from last year, so they will be the same this year as last. Everything stayed current and moved into the new model year. We expect some big glove changes this coming year for the 16 season.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
You might want to give the KLIM Togwotee a shot. They might not be the warmest but they are very sturdy and totally dry. It took me two years and about 120 rides before I tore a seam. I never had any other glove last more than about a dozen rides without coming apart.

O
Dec 6, 2007
You might want to give the KLIM Togwotee a shot. They might not be the warmest but they are very sturdy and totally dry. It took me two years and about 120 rides before I tore a seam. I never had any other glove last more than about a dozen rides without coming apart.

Yep, two hard seasons on the Tog glove, dry but not the warmest. I switched to the Fusion last season, definately warmer because the double insulation on top and direct grip to the handwarmer WORKS. They are bulkier but all insulation is. I lost a seam on the Fusion after about 4 months of riding. I better get them sent back to see if Kilm will fix em...

I found it difficult to ride hard with the insulation split top and bottom unless it is just an easy trail ride. I definately prefer the more direct connection with the bars.

Great gloves, I will run them again assuming Klim fixes me up.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
To those that got wet with Klim: GoreTex is guaranteed to keep you dry. If you are getting wet, send them back! You paid a lot of money for them and Klim stands behind their product. I had a pair of boots 3 years old with one foot getting wet. I sent them back to Klim they said they found an issue with one of them and sent me a brand new pair of boots! No questions asked! For that, I will stick with them for a while.

Premium Features