• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My take on Unemployment.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
Trust me, if he's bragging about it, he knows better. You know how much he makes, it's your duty to notify the welfare authorities that he's commiting welfare fraud. And being young is no excuse, when I was 32 I was working my as$ off and raising a baby. Using my paycheck to do it too.

If I was an employer and I knew about it, I would lay it down. If you want to keep working here, get off welfare, because I pay you and I know that you don't need it. He's stealing, plain and simple. If you are ok with having a thieving fraud as an employee, I say shame on you. You letting it go on is condoning his illegal choices.

What's illegal? He's working, get paid, paying taxes.You don't know what he's making maybe it's $10 dollars an hour, Could you survive on that with your family? He's not married so the girlfriend with a couple of kids is eligible for all kinds of government assistance. Last time I checked that's not illegal, Hell in Iowa a family of five can get free or reduced lunches and still make 50K a year, is that illegal to take advantage of? Now do I condone this? No but as an employer could I fire him over this, No. As an employer would I fire him for this? No.

It's funny to me when people who have never ran a business or dealt with employees have all the wisdom. Rant over :face-icon-small-ton

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
What's illegal? He's working, get paid, paying taxes.You don't know what he's making maybe it's $10 dollars an hour, Could you survive on that with your family? He's not married so the girlfriend with a couple of kids is eligible for all kinds of government assistance. Last time I checked that's not illegal, Hell in Iowa a family of five can get free or reduced lunches and still make 50K a year, is that illegal to take advantage of? Now do I condone this? No but as an employer could I fire him over this, No. As an employer would I fire him for this? No.

It's funny to me when people who have never ran a business or dealt with employees have all the wisdom. Rant over :face-icon-small-ton

I have managed a business and I have had employees.

If in fact he isn't making good money then I can see it. But, in Colorado if you are working full time and you are making at least minimum wage, legally you don't qualify. When I got laid off and I had filled out my UEI, they told me that I was not eligible for state aid, even though I never applied for it, nor did I want it. They said that with my UEI income plus my wife's income we made too much money. Even though it's impossible to support a family on a cops salary with just that paycheck.

And the way he wrote the initial post, he made it seem as if the guy was cheating the system. I know people who have gotten divorced and stayed together anyways, just so the "single" mother could draw state aid and WIC.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I bet we are going to have a lot of unemployed people from the cat factory

If what is being said is true, then those people who cheated and stole, deserve to lose their jobs. Now the innocents that get sent home too and had no idea that Cat was stealing tech from a competitor, they should file a class action lawsuit against Cat.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
If what is being said is true, then those people who cheated and stole, deserve to lose their jobs. Now the innocents that get sent home too and had no idea that Cat was stealing tech from a competitor, they should file a class action lawsuit against Cat.

Class actions do nothing but make lawyers money

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I have managed a business and I have had employees.

If in fact he isn't making good money then I can see it. But, in Colorado if you are working full time and you are making at least minimum wage, legally you don't qualify. When I got laid off and I had filled out my UEI, they told me that I was not eligible for state aid, even though I never applied for it, nor did I want it. They said that with my UEI income plus my wife's income we made too much money. Even though it's impossible to support a family on a cops salary with just that paycheck.

And the way he wrote the initial post, he made it seem as if the guy was cheating the system. I know people who have gotten divorced and stayed together anyways, just so the "single" mother could draw state aid and WIC.

Managed or owned?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Trust me, if he's bragging about it, he knows better. You know how much he makes, it's your duty to notify the welfare authorities that he's commiting welfare fraud. And being young is no excuse, when I was 32 I was working my as$ off and raising a baby. Using my paycheck to do it too.

If I was an employer and I knew about it, I would lay it down. If you want to keep working here, get off welfare, because I pay you and I know that you don't need it. He's stealing, plain and simple. If you are ok with having a thieving fraud as an employee, I say shame on you. You letting it go on is condoning his illegal choices.

It's not illegal, welfare contacted me about his work status. Don't shame me either, I employ 4 guys that have families. I'm not the one who made up the rules.

Premium Features