• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My lights went out?

E
Apr 1, 2010
I started my sled for the first time in months and let it idle for 5 minutes then reved it up to move it. As i was reving it up the lights flashed and got very bright then went out. Its the headlight, highbeam and break running light. I still have a brakelight when i pull the handle and still have dash lights. Any idea what is wrong here? its a 2001 rmk 800

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Voltage Regulator. Located on the backside of the right footwell, easy swap. Some guys recommend going with a Arctic Cat regulator for longer life.

DSC_0059.jpg

Last edited:
S
Jan 18, 2010
Washington
Yep had the same thing happen. Voltage regulator fixed the problem. Don't buy the aftermarket crap. tried one and it burned up in the first 10 minutes of the ride. Bought the Polaris brand, which they have an updated version to replace the old style, and it's worked great ever since. The new version looks a bit different but works much better and lasts longer. Check all of your bulbs and buy new ones as need be. It may have toasted even the warning/idiot lights as well in your gauges. I replaced mine just in case. Good luck

Last edited:
Premium Features