• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muskoka Freerider 9R First Ride

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Caleb would leave him. They have rode together and matt just watched. A good portion of the pros don't play on what he does. Caleb, Keith and burandt are the top of the food chain. Matt's a good rider but not on that level. What makes his channel good is it is more normal or relatable for most. Turcotte rocks in the trees also.
I agree Caleb, Burandt and Keith are top of the food chain, Matt’s progression has been eye opening and I think he is nearing on par with those boys. IMHO

Hellsledder

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sweden
Caleb would kill em both :cool:
I do think Brett would hold his own in trees if they were both on exact same Polaris track/motor combo. Hes the older of the two but when the jumps get built youd think the opposite. Just gotta keep him on the 155+. isnt his 9r a 146?
Brett´s 9R is originaly a 146" but he said in his last video (Grizzly Lodge night ride) that he now got a 155" under it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Caleb would leave him. They have rode together and matt just watched. A good portion of the pros don't play on what he does. Caleb, Keith and burandt are the top of the food chain. Matt's a good rider but not on that level. What makes his channel good is it is more normal or relatable for most. Turcotte rocks in the trees also.
kinda what I thought. also turcotte is usually on a khaos as well as 90% of the time following somebody with a bigger track of some shape or form - width, length or paddle height.
solarguy I was beginning to think you might be Matt's dad! lol, he does make a great vid, enjoy how he can have a conversation while tech riding. thats what i like about his vids.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
kinda what I thought. also turcotte is usually on a khaos as well as 90% of the time following somebody with a bigger track of some shape or form - width, length or paddle height.
solarguy I was beginning to think you might be Matt's dad! lol, he does make a great vid, enjoy how he can have a conversation while tech riding. thats what i like about his vids.
I’m almost old enough to be Matt’s grandfather?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Don’t you wish you’d have had one these snowmobiles as a kid lol!!!how old do is jerry number one you think? 58,9, 60? Iam 55 and terrible at snowmobiling so I think he’s great!!

P
Dec 15, 2018
Solid skier is an understatement! Turns out his dad was a pioneer backcountry sled ski guy from pemberton. Owns a jet boat company there. The kid rips. He’s quiet. He quit competitive skiing so he could be home with his family and go snowmobiling. He’s the real deal. In Hawaii they’d call him a waterman (can do it all) lol. What do you mountain guys call them ? Outdoorsman? Mountaineer? What do you call a snowboarder who just broke up with his girlfriend? Homeless! Lol

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Solid skier is an understatement! Turns out his dad was a pioneer backcountry sled ski guy from pemberton. Owns a jet boat company there. The kid rips. He’s quiet. He quit competitive skiing so he could be home with his family and go snowmobiling. He’s the real deal. In Hawaii they’d call him a waterman (can do it all) lol. What do you mountain guys call them ? Outdoorsman? Mountaineer? What do you call a snowboarder who just broke up with his girlfriend? Homeless! Lol
Solid skier is a complement, not an understatement. I grew up skiing, alpine racing, big mountain lines and a ton of backcountry skiing with high level athletes before I got into sleds. It all depends on your interpretation of solid, Mikaela Schifrin is a super solid skier?Shawn White a solid snowboarder and Chris Burandt is as solid as they get on a sled.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah he rips! What happened to Landon? That kid was better than all of them ! They must have had a falling out? I think polaris and doo need to give these guys some cred and a sled or three lol!!

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Yeah he rips! What happened to Landon? That kid was better than all of them ! They must have had a falling out? I think polaris and doo need to give these guys some cred and a sled or three lol!!

I think the fact that Matt’s riding sleds that were not given to him is one of his biggest assets. He’s not afraid to show and talk about it all, the good and the bad, regardless of what brand he’s riding. He’s said as much himself at one point.

I hear you though, some support would be well deserved. Maybe order one of his hoodies, lol

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I get a good LOL at you guys who think a rider who will boost a 50’ cliff or huck a backflip would be too scared or couldn’t figure out how to side hill through some trees. Or do a re-entry in 3’ of pow. They might not video that stuff because they’re not interested. Be like watching Travis Rice run a slalom course instead of free ride…ya I’m sure he could do it?

Burandt started pumping tree riding when he got too old to jump. Caleb gave up the booters when he got hurt. A guy like Turcotte ain’t afraid to side hill some trees LOL…

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Here ya go what all the fuss is about lol. Think these guys can hear us? Yeah buddy…

Brett and crew had a blast!! I stand corrected, Brett has no problem hanging with Matt.
The two 9R’s sitting up top watching the turbos guys flail to get up was awesome!

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I was stoked to see Matt keep up and did dang good. There was most of the hardcore riders represented . Of course conditions and strengths and weaknesses or better at this or that BUT you gotta give all those guys street cred that was all steep and deep and challenging terrain and no one died lol!

Premium Features