• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muffpot solutions?

K
Dec 27, 2016
So has anyone successfully cooked food in a muffpot on their snowbike? If so any pics of mounting locations/info? I've found older threads but most of them said it never got hot enough.

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I have been successfully with my Husaberg, last winter I was able to melt cheese and toast the outsides of a sandwich. This has been big quest and I have tried it all.

Basically I mount the standard muff pot on the exhaust right after the turn coming out of the head, that itself is not enough. I made a insulated cover out of high heat fabrics and insulation which
1) keeps the snow off the muff pot
2) holds in the heat

Today I got in some different high temp fabric that looks to have promise in durability and flexibility so the plan is to get a few samples made and get them on some different bikes.

I'm looking for some avid riders that already own a muff pot and are willing to help with r&d, I would supply the cover. If anyone thinks this is for them let me know, what and where you ride and if your at it most every day or weekend
warriors.

This is one of the very many prototypes

https://www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=288060&stc=1&d=1510711177

IMG_1614.jpg

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I have been successfully with my Husaberg, last winter I was able to melt cheese and toast the outsides of a sandwich. This has been big quest and I have tried it all.

Basically I mount the standard muff pot on the exhaust right after the turn coming out of the head, that itself is not enough. I made a insulated cover out of high heat fabrics and insulation which
2) holds in the heat

Today I got in some different high temp fabric that looks to have promise in durability and flexibility so the plan is to get a few samples made and get them on some different bikes.

I'm looking for some avid riders that already own a muff pot and are willing to help with r&d, I would supply the cover. If anyone thinks this is for them let me know, what and where you ride and if your at it most every day or weekend
warriors.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=288060&stc=1&d=1510711177

Ride mostly the Crazy Mountains in Montana. Some times Cooke City. We ride most every weekend and some week days. Put a price on it in a PM and I'll test it. Don't like free stuff. Makes me feel obligated.
24533295198_f563ca7684_k_d.jpg

38372920026_8f7ae2853b_b_d.jpg

38428717791_a237c2205b_b_d.jpg

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
He!! yeah. I'm in. Already have a muf pot mounted on my YZ. Didn't work for chit without a cover, but I haven't removed it yet. I'll test one out for you and, like mikew, I'll pay for it but no problem reporting back whether it toasts a hot pocket!
PM me.

K
Dec 27, 2016

2) holds in the heat

warriors.

Looks like a great idea. I'd test one for you. But this is my first year with a snowbike so Im probably not the best one to test it...

W
Jan 20, 2024
New Hampshire

2) holds in the heat

warriors.

I know this post is quite old, but hopefully you see this. Wondering about your progress? I just contacted Muffpot to ask them about this. I can't believe that this won't worka and that no one has put it out there! I snowmobile in NH and have tried closing off vents to the engine, which I don't really want to do, packed it with extra tinfoil, and tried using a welding glove. An insulating, fire resistant cover is the perfect idea!

Hope you see this and respond.

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I know this post is quite old, but hopefully you see this. Wondering about your progress? I just contacted Muffpot to ask them about this. I can't believe that this won't worka and that no one has put it out there! I snowmobile in NH and have tried closing off vents to the engine, which I don't really want to do, packed it with extra tinfoil, and tried using a welding glove. An insulating, fire resistant cover is the perfect idea!

Hope you see this and respond.

I gave away at least 10 and paid for the shipping but got remarkably little feedback (wasn’t much of a surprise) It definitely depends on a lot of factors like where on the exhaust, what bike, average temp that bike runs, outside temp and terrain type. Obviously if you’re doing hard uphill pulls it’s going to work better than trail riding. Placing the pot on the exhaust just behind the head pipe and having it under some sort of engine cover seems to be the ticket.

There’s a few left in the prototypes bin ….. but I’m done with giving them away, if you want to take a chance on one shoot me a pm and I’m sure we can work something out.

Last edited:
Premium Features