• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Addiction TrackRack kits...

T
Jan 17, 2012
Montana
Not sure if this is the right section of the forum, but I am looking at the different fuel can racks and tunnel bags for the Pro. I have the Polaris tunnel bag, but everything inside gets soaking wet. Looking at the Mountain Addiction setup, but I cannot find any really good pictures of how the bag and fuel cans mount. Anyone have pictures of this setup on their Pro? Is it a no drill application? SOunds like they use the slots on the Polaris tunnel. Any better Ideas out there? Like I said, not impressed with the Poo tunnel bag. I do have the Poo fuel can rack and jug which isn't too bad although a little tall.

This is what I am looking at.
http://www.firstplaceparts.com/mountain-addiction-trackrack.html

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
If you look at those pictures closely you can see how they mount. Basically there are two plastic bars which mount to the tunnel using the Polaris track. Then the bags and jugs slide onto these plastic bars as they are sort of beveled at the top side. A pin then holds the bags and jugs from sliding back off.

I have the gas cans on one of my sleds....have never fallen off in over 2 years of use! I think they are great. Never used their bag though, don't know if stuff will get wet or not...

C

cjfox

Jan 31, 2010
SW WYO
X2 great products from MA this is my second setup from them, like said before no drilling just uses the tunnel channel system ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352081177.993649.jpg

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Very good product. Easy on and off and varied configurations. Bags have hard bottom and built-in secure straps. No drilling for the Polaris! I got 2 rack kits and a combination of bags and fuel cans… can load them depending on ride and take them off when I get to the playground!

Rumor is Mountain Addiction will be at the Snow Fest in Leavenworth, WA the 17th.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I have a MA can and bag. The bag fits into and around a can - essentially a can with the top cut off. The bag cannot leak or get wet from the bottom or sides, FWIW. It would be impossible.

1oldfart

Dec 3, 2007
MA system works great. Cans and Bags stay on well, and are easy to put on and remove as needed. Reg2view is correct, the bags are made from fuel cans with the top cut off then surrounded with a nylon material with a zip top. Used this system all of last year and stuff in the bag stayed dry.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I just got this setup for my '13 with the taller bag up in Puyallup a couple weeks ago. It's fits a lot of stuff inside and looks like it should not get wet at all. It's about as tall as my seat with the shovel strapped to the top so I shoved it as close up to the seat as possible, because I was a little worried about it rolling the sled over. Seemed kind of vulnerable back there being so rigid and only held to the tunnel by the slide rails and 4 bolts.

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
I know this is old, but does anyone have a pic of these bags on their sled. I'm not sure if I want the large or standard bag..........do you have them mounted up by the seat?
Thanks

tweeds

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2009
Drayton Valley,AB
I also have one of the larger bags. In my experience when the zipper gets cold (-10 and below) it never seals up properly and jams. Constantly fighting with it. My two cents. Maybe I just got a bad one....

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I also have one of the larger bags. In my experience when the zipper gets cold (-10 and below) it never seals up properly and jams. Constantly fighting with it. My two cents. Maybe I just got a bad one....

You're not alone.......

The zipper on my small gear bag failed the year before last & was replaced under warranty(the dealer & manufacturer were good folks to deal with!). The zipper on my large gear bag failed this year however I was reluctant to approach the manufacturer for warranty given the age of the bag. I'm assuming the zipper material provided by their supplier is / was substandard.

My use of the bags was very limited & care was always used when opening / closing the zippers. The machine, nor the bags, were never left/parked outside in the sun. Abuse was not a factor.

I'm impressed with the design & convenience of the Track Rack but am left with a bit of bad taste over the zippers.

FWIW

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
You can rub a candle on the teeth of an open zipper to make them work better. This may not help in a situation where a zipper has already started to go south but they make them run smoother and stick less often.

Premium Features