• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moto's Meager Mods - Nytro MTX

E

evan3000

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer Ab.
On the part of the tunnel that you cut down, I see you added a piece of 1/16 for strength, but did you also add something to the inside of the tunnel? Does it feel strong enough when you lift the back of the sled?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
On the part of the tunnel that you cut down, I see you added a piece of 1/16 for strength, but did you also add something to the inside of the tunnel? Does it feel strong enough when you lift the back of the sled?

Yeah, I reinforced the inside as well. I used .060 on the outside, as well as the area between the VE tunnel extension and the main tunnel.

If you were to do this mod without the VE tunnel extension, it would be necessary to reinforce the inside all the way to the rear.

Believe it or not, before reinforcing, lifting the rear wasn't a problem... but ya better not push down! It is stiffer now than the original extension was.

ut1.JPG

ut2.JPG

ut3.JPG

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
MotoPsych-o you should try some rivets like these .http://rapidrivet.thomasnet.com/vie...a-jpg-pop-rivets/multi-grip-rivets?&forward=1
there super strong and have a clean look to them once there pulled . i found them at a fastener store when i was in to pick up some pop rivets . they run around 20 cents each . Nice work on the sled looks soild, good thinking on narrowing up the running boards too!

Thanks alot! I was using some closed end rivets that have a nice finished look, but I was paying about .33 cents a piece for them, and they don't pull as tightly as necessary for that reinforcement plating. I live in a dinky town, so yer kinda limited on options! Thanks again, I'll see if I can find somewhere to order those from...

Moto

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
right on . yeah the ones i use pull really tight , just make sure there the right lenght . oh and they come in stainless which are really strong just dont plan to drill them out after there in

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Adjusting the CO's

I came across this in a write-up on a superbike site. It makes more sense to me than the idea of each CO # being for each cylinder. I have an '08 Grizzly, that only displays CO1. After I made adjustments, I only noticed a bottom end change. I will be testing this theory on the nytro this year.
I believe they would omit the C4 on sleds to prevent a potential WOT meltdown - much as they do when undergearing to prevent overreving (all sled mfg's do it by at least 1 tooth!)

(These instructions are for a 2004 YZF-R6)

A: Fuel injection Adjustment
Fuel injection amount can be adjusted in the following four ranges:
Code C1: Fuel amount injected at 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or less
of engine speed
Code C2: Fuel amount injected at 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or
more of engine speed
Code C3: Fuel amount injected at 25% to 90% of throttle opening
Code C4: Fuel amount injected at 90% or more of throttle opening
Before changing the settings, check the engine for its characteristics in normal condition.
It is recommended that the settings be checked with an A/F measuring instrument.
CO%20chart.jpg

Guidelines for setting:
• Code C1: At 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or less of engine speed:
This affects the idling stability and the feeling experienced during races.
Too rich an air-fuel mixture may foul the spark plugs.
• Code C2: At 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or more of engine
speed:
This affects the feeling experienced during engine braking and at initial
throttle opening.
Make a change of 2 to 5% at a time while checking for any resulting
changes.
• Code C3: At 25% to 90% of throttle opening:
This affects the feeling experienced at half throttle opening.
Make a change of 2 to 5% at a time and check for any resulting changes.
• Code C4: At 90% or more of throttle opening:
This affects the feeling experienced at full throttle.
Adjustment to too lean a mixture will lead to engine breakdown.
Adjustment by checking the A/F is recommended.
In particular, to adjust on the leaner side, make a change of 1 to 2% at a
time while checking for the result. 12 to 13 is a targeted A/F.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Something wrong with that info
C1, C2 etc refer's to Cylinder 1, 2, 3

In an ideal world you would set up each cylinder individually on an EGA

I dont know who wrote that info but dont use it

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
It came from here:

YEC CO.,LTD.​
3622-8 Nishikaizuka. Iwata.
Shizuoka. 438-0026 Japan​
Tel (0538)37-4488 Fax (0538)37-6186

They make race performance parts for Yamahas

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
I dont know what other market's have going on on their fuel injection system's, I wonder if that is factory mod EFI box or something
I can tell you that your Nytro is not that way
Be nice if it was but..........

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I'm not discounting you at all, but is there any documentation on this stuff?

Even my service manual doesn't get into it - it seems to be a very well guarded secret.

Premium Features