• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MOTORFIST going out of business?

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I noticed motorfist is clearing everything out on their site and not restocking with anything new. They were bought out by Arctic Cat years back which is now obviously owned by Textron. I think the writing is on the wall for the brand unfortunately. They made great gear!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I bought one of their top-line mono suits and a few pairs of gloves last spring when they had big sales and I've been really happy with them so far. It's gotta be hard to make it in the industry. It's not that big of a pool of customers, seasonal, new companies trying to break in, and everyone is looking for a deal all the time. Will be sad to see them go the way of HMK, Slednecks, TAG, etc.

Arctic Cat has been running the same sales on their site too. Hopefully with the release of the new sled platform and motors they are just cleaning shop for a re-launch effort.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I noticed motorfist is clearing everything out on their site and not restocking with anything new. They were bought out by Arctic Cat years back which is now obviously owned by Textron. I think the writing is on the wall for the brand unfortunately. They made great gear!
This is the first I have heard of it....

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I picked up jackets at 80% off for my grandsons I wasn't fast enough to get bibs they were gone pretty fast.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I picked up a pair of gloves (3X) and a jacket for outdoor work (wood cutting and trail clearing).
The Arctic Cat site looks about the same, clear out all inventory regardless of what it takes to make it gone.

J
I bought one of their top-line mono suits and a few pairs of gloves last spring when they had big sales and I've been really happy with them so far. It's gotta be hard to make it in the industry. It's not that big of a pool of customers, seasonal, new companies trying to break in, and everyone is looking for a deal all the time. Will be sad to see them go the way of HMK, Slednecks, TAG, etc.

Arctic Cat has been running the same sales on their site too. Hopefully with the release of the new sled platform and motors they are just cleaning shop for a re-launch effort.
Thanks

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
FLASHBACK...

November 20th, 2009

MOTORFIST​

MotorFist enters the snowmobile outerwear market with groundbreaking innovation and first-rate quality and craftsmanship. MotorFist is a grass roots USA founded business with its home base located in Idaho Falls, Idaho. MotorFist personnel have spent years gathering invaluable knowledge while riding in snowmobile hotspots all over the world in all kinds of conditions. Coupling that experience with a contemporary style, MotorFist will produce premium quality gear that is affordably priced for the blue-collar sledder. Not the white-collar crowd. While the MotorFist mantra is “Snowmobiling is not a crime,” MotorFist also feels that outerwear pricing shouldn’t be a crime either. This no nonsense approach to riding gear means that it will be tough, innovative, and more functional than anything else out there.

MotorFist strives to offer the most innovatively designed and functional snowmobile gear available, yet it also promises top-notch quality. MotorFist pledges to make riding apparel that is tough and long lasting since they offer an unparalleled TRUE LIFETIME warranty. MotorFist outerwear is made in small, quality controlled batches and is guaranteed for the lifetime of the registered owner or he reaches 106 years of age whichever comes first. It may sound too good to be true but MotorFist is here to stay and they aim to prove it. Each piece is hand inspected and then signed by a MotorFist employee before it leaves their facility. Call 877-FIST-411 or visit www.motorfist.com for more details on the products and warranty.

Premium Features