• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MM skid in a 97 MM

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
00 MM skid in a 97 MM

So we are trying to put a 00 MM skid under a 97 MM and running into trouble. I havn't been to the shop myself but dad said that it isn't bolting in like he thought.

Does anyone have any insite on this? Recommendation?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
you probably figured out by now that the mounting points are all different and the rear drops are different. measurements off the donor will help a bunch. dont call mpi, they dont know chit. i can get you close on measures if you need it.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Ya dad started the project on my brother's sled. I'll be up there later this week and i'll have my MM next to it. I think we'll probably get it figured out if not i'll give ya a call thanks.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
I have put a (6) '00 skids under '97 M-Maxs and even under a '94 583Summit , a '94 670 Summit and a '97 RMK 700. I built a brace that holds the top shock of the '00 skid in its stock position. Then I stick the skid in the sled with the track and pull it back until the track is tight. Mark the skid locations from inside the tunnel. Attach drop brackets or measure and build some to fit the location of the back mount. Pull the skid back out drill the holes for the front and middle mounts and put it back together. I found when pulling the skid back tight in the track. I support the tunnel at the height I want and let the skid sit on the track on the ground. Pull the skid back until the track is tight. That the track does not get to tight.

Hope this all makes sence.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Thanks for all the info guys. We got it figured out this weekend. Just put my 2000 next to it and matched the locations. Had to make some drop brackets out of some material at the shop but worked out well. I can take some pics next time I'm at the shop if anyone else is looking to do the same!

This should help out the little brother's sled a lot

Premium Features