• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MidWest Snow Check 155 RMK 800

G
Dec 14, 2007
Do any of you have the Polaris Snow Check inforamtion. I'm looking for the fine print which was up on Polaris web site last spring when we ordered these sleds. If you can PM or post this on the formum it would be great help.

Now for the great news. My dealer told me that I am one out of a 115 or so people in the midwest (MN may be some other states) who snow checked a 800 RMK last spring. It was my understanding that these sleds may ship late (mid January). I remeber seeing this in the fine print on the snow check site (Polaris) but have no access to look back 8 months. I was ok with that and put down my UP FRONT cash.

It was also my understanding that you could only receive a 08 RMK 800 155 or 163 if you snow checked your sled. Limited built sled right. But this is not the case. I spoke with a dealer in the western region and he told me that he has one 800 155 which was snowcheck and sold. BUT he is also receiving a 155 RMK 800 for stock. I did not spend any more time calling other dealers to see if any other received 800 RMK for stock but I would like to think if one did then others did as well. Keep in mind some dealers my have sleds that people snow check and backed out of....but not in this case.

So while we sit on our hands and read about the great new 800 RMK in the publications guys or a guy will be pounding the mountains on his new sled. No snowcheck needed, just call around and go pick it up.

The Polaris rep told my dealer that they will not run any more RMK800's until Jan 21 and when they do they will be producing 40 units a day. Must be out of parts or something. So we might get them the last week of January, but who knows at this point. As to why is Polaris shipping sleds out west for stock and not shipping them to guys like me who have put money down is &^%@ crazy.

Bottom line is that I knew these sleds would be late to the midwest. Not Feburary late. I do not recall reading that Polaris had a different snowcheck program for the west. If this was the case I would have ordered my sled out west and had it waiting for me on my first trip.

So if any of you have the screen shot of the snow check policy from last spring please let me know. I would like to go over it.

Note to anyone at Polaris who is responsible for this. I will promise you that I will not be snowchecking a new sled 12 weeks after receiving a sled 10 months after I put money down. My guess is that I will never snowcheck another Polaris sled.

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
Do any of you have the Polaris Snow Check inforamtion. I'm looking for the fine print which was up on Polaris web site last spring when we ordered these sleds. If you can PM or post this on the formum it would be great help.

Now for the great news. My dealer told me that I am one out of a 115 or so people in the midwest (MN may be some other states) who snow checked a 800 RMK last spring. It was my understanding that these sleds may ship late (mid January). I remeber seeing this in the fine print on the snow check site (Polaris) but have no access to look back 8 months. I was ok with that and put down my UP FRONT cash.

It was also my understanding that you could only receive a 08 RMK 800 155 or 163 if you snow checked your sled. Limited built sled right. But this is not the case. I spoke with a dealer in the western region and he told me that he has one 800 155 which was snowcheck and sold. BUT he is also receiving a 155 RMK 800 for stock. I did not spend any more time calling other dealers to see if any other received 800 RMK for stock but I would like to think if one did then others did as well. Keep in mind some dealers my have sleds that people snow check and backed out of....but not in this case.

So while we sit on our hands and read about the great new 800 RMK in the publications guys or a guy will be pounding the mountains on his new sled. No snowcheck needed, just call around and go pick it up.

The Polaris rep told my dealer that they will not run any more RMK800's until Jan 21 and when they do they will be producing 40 units a day. Must be out of parts or something. So we might get them the last week of January, but who knows at this point. As to why is Polaris shipping sleds out west for stock and not shipping them to guys like me who have put money down is &^%@ crazy.

Bottom line is that I new these sleds would be late to the midwest. Not Feburary late. I do not recall reading that Polaris had a different snowcheck program for the west. If this was the case I would have ordered my sled out west and had it waiting for me on my first trip.

So if any of you have the screen shot of the snow check policy from last spring please let me know. I would like to go over it.

Note to anyone at Polaris who is responsible for this. I will promise you that I will not be snowchecking a new sled 12 weeks after receiving a sled 10 months after I put money down. My guess is that I will never snowcheck another Polaris sled.

I believe the only way a dealer can have one for "stock" is if they registered that sled in someone's name. There are no regualtions on that, it could be anyone they choose. just my 2 and I as well am waiting for my 155 800

S
Dec 13, 2007
midwest
This is a pretty common thing in the sled biz, we ues to do it at the dealer where I worked. We would snowcheck sleds in our own name or our kids name's and so and so forth. all you need is a name and that is it, Pol doesn't even ask for any money anymore like they use to. I bought my Xp 800 X after the snocheck was over cause the dealer had ordered a few for extra. The thing with buying a snowcheck sled that was not ordered in your name is that you do not get any of the perks (financing, second yr warranty or anything like that) you just get the standard 1yr warranty. Quit whining this has been going on for years in the biz.

-Seeder

Premium Features