• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Microsoft Outlook questions

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
hi guys,

1.) how do i copy my address book from one computer to another. Email is Microsoft Outlook.

2.) how do i copy my email folder structure from one computer to another.

3.) how do i copy the emails in each folder from one computer to another.

THANKS

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
You do it all in one simple "export" task, depending on version of outlook,
Export task:
97/2000/2003: Archive, import/export, export to an file, personal ,,, (pst file), highlight root folder (mailbox,,,) and mark "include subfolders".

2007/2010: Archive, outlook-alternative, advanced, export, export to an file, personal ,,, (pst file), highlight root folder (mailbox,,,) and mark "include subfolders".

Import task:
Same place, choose import,, a.s.o.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Thanks for the help. I am making major progress. It seems my last significant issue is getting the new computer to recognize email addresses I have used over the years. Currently on the old pc as soon as i type the first few characters of someones email address it displays all the email address that start with those characters. I cant seem to figure out how to move that to my new PC.

Appreciate all the help!!!

This data doesnt appear to be in my Outlook Address Book or in my Outlook Contacts??

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I'm stuck!

Any other ways to explain this are apprciated. Thanks for the link. I read the article but I'm still not able to figure this one out.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
TBird , thanks for the help and youve got me 90% there.

Stumbled accross this through a google search on nk2 which I thought would be helpful:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/da-DK/outlook/thread/67aafd74-0197-42f3-8f86-0d802a0b8c8e

After verifying my Profile is "Outlook" I did a "Search" for a filename with Outlook in it and cant find the Outlook.nk2 file. Maybe tomorrow i will try the search on "nk2".

Kinda surprised they make something so important so hard for the basic user of their product.

Last edited:
Premium Features