• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mds or 11-series weights

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
Hi

Picked up a holdover 2013 Assault 155". Rode it fairly hard this weekend after all its still under brake in.

Now i want to do some clutching on it and my question is.

What you guys think is the better choice, Mds or 11-series oem weights?

I had the Mds in my m8 and was very satisfied with them and with the support from steve.

And i have used the 11 series in my previous polaris (2010 assault) with very good results.

Thats why im thinking of these two.

I ride most of the time at 1000'- 2000' here in Sweden.
Boondocking and trees
And some freeride drop cliffs and jumping.

Im about to put a black/purple spring in the driven clutch and 19t top gear.

Just not really sure what to put in the drive clutch ?

Thanks Christoffer

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
I have never ran the MDS but i am in the process of trying the 11's. My 13 Pro 800 155 calls for 10-68's at my elevation. They tell you when you switch to 11's you are supposed to drop 2 grams. Put in 11-66's and it would hit 8400-8450 RPM. Put in a set of 11-68's now but it has be -25 degrees so i haven't gotten to try them. Loved the pull with the 11-66's though!

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
I have never ran the MDS but i am in the process of trying the 11's. My 13 Pro 800 155 calls for 10-68's at my elevation. They tell you when you switch to 11's you are supposed to drop 2 grams. Put in 11-66's and it would hit 8400-8450 RPM. Put in a set of 11-68's now but it has be -25 degrees so i haven't gotten to try them. Loved the pull with the 11-66's though!

The 10-68 is what I also have for my elevation..
What spring do you run with the 11- series ?
Any changes to the secondary clutch ?

Thanks.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
clutching

I ride in the 0-3000 ft range & I would also recommend slp mtx weights. I run 68 gram weights with 2 grams in the belly & 1 gram in the tip. Start with this set up initially and then remove weight if more rpm is needed. In your primary you can run the slp blue pink or green pink springs, or you can run a team bright green, I've used all three & would recommend using the bluepink. For your secondary, use the stock spring, maybe call Carls and get their helix if you want to upgrade, and put delrin washers in it. Some run 1 delrin some run 3, I have found that running 3 works the best, one under the spring cup, one in the spring cup, & one on the other end of the spring, there cheap.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I ride in the 0-3000 ft range & I would also recommend slp mtx weights. I run 68 gram weights with 2 grams in the belly & 1 gram in the tip. Start with this set up initially and then remove weight if more rpm is needed. In your primary you can run the slp blue pink or green pink springs, or you can run a team bright green, I've used all three & would recommend using the bluepink. For your secondary, use the stock spring, maybe call Carls and get their helix if you want to upgrade, and put delrin washers in it. Some run 1 delrin some run 3, I have found that running 3 works the best, one under the spring cup, one in the spring cup, & one on the other end of the spring, there cheap.

Don't you feel the bright green team is hefty for engagement with its 150lb preload? What engagement rpm does it give you?

R

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I personally didnt think it had to much preload, I installed the green/pink after running the team green, & it has 160 lb preload, I didnt have a problem with that either, then I switched to the blue/pink. Its really just personal preference IMHO, I have no clue what the rpm's are when the clutch engages for each spring, the team green & green/pink help load the motor more. I was just letting the OP know what primary springs will work, the stock primary spring just plain sucks.

Premium Features