• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX Nytro header

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Here are some pics of what a guy at a local welding shop said would help. He was able to weld my broken pieces back together, but I don't know how much faith I have that it will hold. There are a few spots on the welds that I can blow air through, so I think I'll have him try to see if he can seal them up better. Another thing to watch for is the chance of a piece of metal breaking on the inside of the welds and going through the turbo. That would not be good!

Hopefully exhaust pressure would be pushing the metal chunks away from the crack not down the exhaust pipe. However metal+turbo would be bad.

Once I am done riding for the year I will pull everything apart and check to see if its leaking. So far no symptoms -3k atm.

Tues

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Did anyone end up building a New Thicker/stronger MCX header? After 5000 kms mine is cracked as well. I have a couple 3 to 1 collectors and a pile of 1.5 0.080 stainless laying around, I will make one and see how it turns out. Anyone know where you can get the bellows like Yamaha uses, cheaper than 135.00 a peice from the stealer?

Last edited:
Premium Features