• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1996 formula 3

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
Just recently picked up a 1996 formula 3. the rear suspension is in rough shape. wondering if its possible to put a newer/better rear suspension under it. Was thinking like maybe an m10 out of a mxz? has anyone done such a thing or have any advice on what I can do to make the suspension better?

TIA, xc_rider08

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
try some searching on dootalk. I think 97 and newer FIII's had a better suspension than the '96's. I would also think another doo suspension like you mention would fit with modified brackets and spacing.
My dad has a '96 FIII that a crank bearing seized up. He always has ambitions of rebuilding it because it was fun to listen to and was fast. Anything besides a smooth lake was a rough ride on that thing!

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
i totally forgot about the dootalk forums, lol yeah just found dynoport pipes for the old girl and having dynoport make the can for it. its gonna be a ditch banger, poker run sled. something about that triple pipe sound that makes me smile. lol thanks for your input. im on the search for a suspension without breaking the bank.

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
update.

picked up a suspension out of a 98. moved the old mounting brackets to make them work with the new suspension mount bolts and it looks great. now we just need some snow.

formula 3.jpg

Premium Features