• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matrix vs Axys

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I haven't had any problems with my Polaris sleds since I've switched brands that I can remember. I still think their fit and finish sucks and I never would go without having at least 2. I got the very first Boost and the very first 9R that my dealer delivered and neither of those sleds have needed any warranty work done that wasn't related to stop ride BS. I do very little, to no maintenance. I've never covered my sleds which have done thousands of miles on a sled deck in bad weather(covers are for poor people, just like warranties). I'm extremely hard on my sleds. Personally, I think the snowmobile gods just like to punish the whiny, broke, key board riders that come on here and post. 😌
I'm not whining about any of my previously owned Polaris sleds. I am basically just reacting and commenting on so many recently documented problems with Polaris' current platform.
Figured I might ruffle some feathers. :p

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
ahhhh Chadley either has sleds in an enclosed trailer or on top of his lemon drop ford witch is 10 plus feet off the road. for some with a regular poor person trailer lower to the highway the cover might make more sense.

his dealer is a huge chadly bootlicker.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It’s just a bunch of guys with no snow talking through their hats.

And or just an attempt at trolling.

Such a pessimist. 😀

Humility. The forum experts called this in March ‘21 before they rode the Matryx. I was wrong.

And like wives, you know our daughters are always right. Especially this one. She was stripping and installing drop n rolls and Powerclaws on Dragons when she was age 4. Pics might still be on this site? And like Chilly, she hates poor people. Not sure how that happened?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
I like it funzy....clean chop. Got more pics of the project? Whose parts did you use?

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
I've owned 7 Axys 8 hundo's. Never fouled one plug. Did have one twist and bust the ceramic. First 850 Axys this year. Not enough miles on it yet.
I think you are missing my point. Not one Axys or Pro 800 had a recall on the P85. Appears only the Matryx has the recall. I get it, they all may have some running issues.
Glad you are enjoying your 9r
I noticed if I drive my boost soft during break in, it would foul a plug, other than that when I kept the rpms up it would run clean. If I felt it get boggy on the trail down from the mountain id just hammer it for a few seconds. Now I'm out of break in more it hadn't been an issue, the sled runs clean as any of my axys and I think it was mainly guys driving soft during break in mode causing the majority of the issues. I'm ok with 100 miles running a little rich if it helps
prevent big issues. The Pro ride cleanfire engine constantly blew up if you idled them more than 2 minutes and I have a pro ride with 1000 miles and a quarter size hole in the case in my shop from that.

When your asking this much out of a sled things are going to get broken and I agree that polaris could spend a year or two fine tuning this chasis and their new motors, which they've done great with on the 24s. No one buys a boost because they want a perfectly reliable sled over performance. Buy an 850 if you want reliability, I kept my axys as a backup just incase. Also as Chadly could say, sometimes I gotta remember the "broke" college days on my axys.

Premium Features