• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gasing up

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Is there a trick to get these matrix full of gas? I don't remember having an issue with my 22, but my 24 is a pain to try and get full. Keeping putting in a little at a time but it never gets above 90%. It takes forever.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Is there a trick to get these matrix full of gas? I don't remember having an issue with my 22, but my 24 is a pain to try and get full. Keeping putting in a little at a time but it never gets above 90%. It takes forever.
Raise the front of the sled.

It gets an air bubble.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Also sit on the seat while you're fueling... compressing the fuel tank and then standing up/sitting down burps it as you top off.

Old doo tricks...

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Also sit on the seat while you're fueling... compressing the fuel tank and then standing up/sitting down burps it as you top off.

Old doo tricks...
Doesn’t work with the Polaris is like burping the doos. Mine doesn’t at least, my old xm sure did though.

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Yes I have noticed the same, very hard to get full tank on the -24. I was thinking it was off from calibration. You can go on forever at the end of filling if you are at a gas station, just keeps foaming in the filler hole at the end. Did get mine up to 95% but it took a while...burping helps a bit but not much.
My theory is that after the fuel fire recall the ventilation of the tank does the fule to zip out there if you fill the tank. I have seen this on my -22s after the recall. When I fill my wives -22 it goes much faster to 100%, but when getting into the garage it always are spilling out some overflow from the tank. Never on my -24.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
If you "fill" the sled while it's sitting flat and then elevate the front end (as was mentioned) you can fit about another gallon of fuel in. I always go until I just can't put any more fuel in while it's elevated and my sled registers 100% every time. It is a pain for sure. I never fuel up at a station from the pump. It's always done in my garage before a ride to ensure I get it full!! These boosts burn so much fuel. When it's deep we're all out of fuel BEFORE the end of the day and we carry an extra 3.3 gallons on the tunnel as well.

M
Jan 8, 2022
Sanford MI
I did what PSI800 did on my Axys and earlier sleds- took a sharp 1/2" chisel tapped w/ a hammer just below the top of the tank line in the filler neck, made a 3 sided box cut then bent the tab outwards(away from filler tube-Now I can fill it right up to the cap-don't fill it this much unless your going to ride cuz fuel can seep out vent tube- I haven't done this to my '24 Matryx yet want to talk to my mechanic to get the scoop on the new tank configuration-But yes 90% is all I can get in it for now.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
The other day I filled mine up; put the cap on, and shook the rear bumper. As can't lift front of sled since it's secured, and I'm not going to mess around with taking the front brace off. I then was able to trickle in another 1/2 gallon to gallon, sled registered full then.

Premium Features