• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Marlon deck on new Super Duty

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
has anyone put a new Marlon deck (with blade light bar) on a '23 or '24 Super Duty?
if so, can you please tell me what wiring harness is needed? I am having a super tough time getting an answer
thanks

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
has anyone put a new Marlon deck (with blade light bar) on a '23 or '24 Super Duty?
if so, can you please tell me what wiring harness is needed? I am having a super tough time getting an answer
thanks
If you have the five pin plug on the side of your bed, the Marlon deck comes with the harness that plugs right into that. Otherwise you need to get a Putco adapter that goes from a RV to the marlon plug.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
If you have the five pin plug on the side of your bed, the Marlon deck comes with the harness that plugs right into that. Otherwise you need to get a Putco adapter that goes from a RV to the marlon plug.
hey, thanks for the attempt, but that's not quite right.
the new decks have 5 wires and the blade light interferes with the wiring system on all these new trucks. i've had to get specific marlon/putco wiring harnesses for each truck new truck i've had.
ford changed the wiring yet again. marlon gives info on the website and even putco installation instructions for this, but no part number.
i can't get anyone at marlon to give me an answer (yet)

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
hey, thanks for the attempt, but that's not quite right.
the new decks have 5 wires and the blade light interferes with the wiring system on all these new trucks. i've had to get specific marlon/putco wiring harnesses for each truck new truck i've had.
ford changed the wiring yet again. marlon gives info on the website and even putco installation instructions for this, but no part number.
i can't get anyone at marlon to give me an answer (yet)
Strange. I have a 2024/23 Marlon deck On my 2015. Same plug as your deck, but yea it’s a 4 pin flat type, same as the new Marlon deck.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Strange. I have a 2024/23 Marlon deck On my 2015. Same plug as your deck, but yea it’s a 4 pin flat type, same as the new Marlon deck.
correct
it's the truck side that needs the harness. these new trucks with BLIS and all the tech gizmos don't like the blade to when it is just plugged into the 4 way flat

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I have a 2024 GMC AT4 3500HD and waiting for Marlon to get a few of the new harnesses for it. It takes a harness that is brandnew this year. Putco would make me one but $325.00 vs. just over $100 if I wait and get it from Marlon. They are supposed to let me know when they come in stock in the next week or so hopefully. The new trucks with new electrical do not like these marlon decks...........my 2017 Denali HD didn't care but this new 2024 acts very strange when trying to plug into the trailer harness like I did on my old rig. Hope you get it figured out..........not the end of the world but it would be nice to be able to use the lights on our decks!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my previous ford took a specific harness. my current chevy took another.
seems like every time there is an electrical change in the truck, a new harness is needed.
i like the harness because it prevents all the weird issues

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Putco is pretty responsive if you reach out to them.

No harness just plugged into the trailer plug my 2022 GMC would act up randomly. Installed the harness from putco and its been flawless

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
finally got this situated to where the deck works with the truck correctly. still waiting on a replacement harness from putco.

i ordered the harness kit from Marlon. I was sent one from them, supplied by Putco. Turns out the new SD uses 2 different types of rear tail lights. one full LED, the other LED and incandescent. I was sent the harness for full LED, my truck has both. 2.5 weeks to get the correct harness from Putco. i also talked to Marlon, and they were well aware of the issues too.
so, I go to install the kit and discover one of the additional harnesses are wired wrong. the 2 ends were flip flopped. Putco was aware of the issue, said some of the harnesses got out before they were caught. they told me to swap the 2 ends to get it going and they would send me a new replacement harness. so i did that and finally got it installed. Everything works as it should, no issues with the truck. just waiting on that replacement harness.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Kylant, what size deck I’m looking at 8 ft for my super duty also. Does it leak much into the box?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kylant, what size deck I’m looking at 8 ft for my super duty also. Does it leak much into the box?
They leak pretty bad actually, I was surprised. I sealed all the superclamp hooks, every joint and everywhere I could picture water work through and it’s alot better. Layed under after a rain and located more spots, sealed those and it’s waterproof now. Some water runs down the bedsides, but I have the slide out and it all stays dry IMG_3283.jpegIMG_3098.jpeg

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
they leak pretty good. there is a bed seal kit now that helps, but it still leaks. they all do though. I had a truckboss and that was not water tight either

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Thanks guys going to get one of these as I travel alone most of the time anyway. I’m sure I’ll miss the heated trailer but as life changes I must also too.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Mine does leak a bit of water but honestly surprised how decent it keeps the bed. I wouldn’t haul a stack of papers back there but it honestly keeps most of the crap off my stuff. I put all my stuff in plastic totes with the rubber seals and tie leashes on all of them so I can yank em out. Also have it pretty close to the bedrails. Had to toss the front pins that hold the side in and out and use something like this. https://www.fixtureworks.com/store/pc/ball-lock-pins-fasteners-c6001.htm

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Mine does leak a bit of water but honestly surprised how decent it keeps the bed. I wouldn’t haul a stack of papers back there but it honestly keeps most of the crap off my stuff. I put all my stuff in plastic totes with the rubber seals and tie leashes on all of them so I can yank em out. Also have it pretty close to the bedrails. Had to toss the front pins that hold the side in and out and use something like this. https://www.fixtureworks.com/store/pc/ball-lock-pins-fasteners-c6001.htm
That’s a great idea. I can just barely get my hand in there to unclip the front ones on mine also.

Premium Features