• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Marlon deck lights and Ford

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
for those of you running a Marlon deck on a Ford, how did you solve the lighting issues?
My truck disables the cross traffic alert and the backup sensors. will also occasionally say a turn signal is out. this is with it plugged into my rv plug.

i talked to Marlon and they said I needed an adapter. I bought it, installed yesterday.
what the sent, is just a harness that plugs into the port at the back of the bumper and T's off a 4 way flat. They did not send the harness that plugs into the big white plug on the frame rail. The truck actually has more messages and faults now. It will switch back and forth between trailer connected and disconnected, turn signal faults, turn signal hyperflash, etc... It is worse
Frustrated to say the least.

My truck is a 2020.

thanks for the help

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
my truck boss blew trailer module in my 2020 chevy. they said the leds dont take enough power. they warrantied it but told me they wont warranty another one so i have been too scared to plug it in again

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
I had the same issue, 2020 F250 here. There IS a working harness for this truck - install video here:

Email partus@marlonprodcuts.com and ask for the harness for the 17-19 trucks - I threw out the box and do not have the part number. Send the image below and they should be able to sort you out.

1646692241647.png

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I have a 2020 Chevy and the Marlon deck and ran into similar issues because the LED bulbs didn’t draw enough power.

I use this: Amazon product ASIN B00C4AYR3U
And tell my truck it’s an “Accessory/ No Trailer” and it has worked like a champ for 2 years now.

Hope that helps someone else, took me forever to figure it out.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I have a 2020 Chevy and the Marlon deck and ran into similar issues because the LED bulbs didn’t draw enough power.

I use this: Amazon product ASIN B00C4AYR3U
And tell my truck it’s an “Accessory/ No Trailer” and it has worked like a champ for 2 years now.

Hope that helps someone else, took me forever to figure it out.
Installed my older SilverLake with regular peanut bulbs (non led) onto my new 23 GMC 2500 and was getting rapid turn indicators. It was plugged into factory 4 pin connection. Truck infotainment center was indicating no right or left signal or brake light connection as well.The sled deck only runs marker lights and has the turn signal wires cut on the 4 way. Knowing this wasn't going to be acceptable, I ran through "trailer connections" and like justinkredible56 said, tell your truck this is a "Accessory/no trailer" connection and problem was solved. No more rapid blinker. Luckily I resolved it the next day and didn't get steered into messing with the trucks wiring.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Installed my older SilverLake with regular peanut bulbs (non led) onto my new 23 GMC 2500 and was getting rapid turn indicators. It was plugged into factory 4 pin connection. Truck infotainment center was indicating no right or left signal or brake light connection as well.The sled deck only runs marker lights and has the turn signal wires cut on the 4 way. Knowing this wasn't going to be acceptable, I ran through "trailer connections" and like justinkredible56 said, tell your truck this is a "Accessory/no trailer" connection and problem was solved. No more rapid blinker. Luckily I resolved it the next day and didn't get steered into messing with the trucks wiring.
I have a 2022 GMC 2500 HD and Marlon deck. I used the putco adapter for their rear led lightbar. https://www.putco.com/product/blade-quick-connect-harness/v/GMC/Sierra 2500/2022/

Truck and rack work as it should and install was pretty easy. No changing to accessory or the truck randomly thinking it’s disconnected like when I plugged it into the 5th wheel 4way plug in in the bed.

They have them for other makes. Guessing thats what marlon sells sunce im pretty sure they use the putco lightbar.

But the adapter cost $ and if just telling the truck is an accessory works for you then thats a good option. Mine would just randomly flash disconnected on me but work otherwise and that was annoying

Last edited:

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
for those of you running a Marlon deck on a Ford, how did you solve the lighting issues?
My truck disables the cross traffic alert and the backup sensors. will also occasionally say a turn signal is out. this is with it plugged into my rv plug.

i talked to Marlon and they said I needed an adapter. I bought it, installed yesterday.
what the sent, is just a harness that plugs into the port at the back of the bumper and T's off a 4 way flat. They did not send the harness that plugs into the big white plug on the frame rail. The truck actually has more messages and faults now. It will switch back and forth between trailer connected and disconnected, turn signal faults, turn signal hyperflash, etc... It is worse
Frustrated to say the least.

My truck is a 2020.

thanks for the help
Did you find a fix for your Marlon? I have a 21 f350 and a Mew Marlon, the kit they sold me is a PUTCO 529014, I had to drop the spare, unplug two plugs on the inside of the passenger frame rail, plug the wiring kit into those plugs, plug the plugs that I unplugged into the other end of the wiring kit and then there was a 4blade that plugged into the Marlon deck and there was a white plug to plug into the white plug from the deck that was the reverse lights on the Putco lightbar. Everything has worked like it is supposed to

image.jpg

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Did you find a fix for your Marlon? I have a 21 f350 and a Mew Marlon, the kit they sold me is a PUTCO 529014, I had to drop the spare, unplug two plugs on the inside of the passenger frame rail, plug the wiring kit into those plugs, plug the plugs that I unplugged into the other end of the wiring kit and then there was a 4blade that plugged into the Marlon deck and there was a white plug to plug into the white plug from the deck that was the reverse lights on the Putco lightbar. Everything has worked like it is supposed to
not yet, working on it. finally got the truck. ordered the harness from marlon on monday after some back and forth for the part number, it arrived tuesday. was looking at it trying to figure it out, something wasn't adding up. called putco, they said they had a manufacturing error and installed a 4 way flat male end instead of a female. he told me to just swap the plug or send it back for a new one. i swapped it, easy enough. then went to install it and the taillight harness end plugs were completely different from my truck. so had to call them again yesterday, he knew exactly what was going on. plugs are different based on taillights (LED vs LED/halogen). so he is sending me the correct harness for the truck. hopefully it will be here in the next day.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my bad. did not realize this was another thread. for my '20 SD, yes got that one covered. I have another thread about the '23-up

Premium Features