• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Manual/tips for changing pistons on 13’ Pro-RMK

xtremejcx

Feb 16, 2019
Manual/tips for changing pistons on 13’ Pro-RMK

Hi
Is there anyone out there that would be willing to share the workshop manual on changing pistons on a Pro? Or is there any manuals/books I can buy? Other tips would be greatly appriciated! Sled has 4100 miles on stock pistons!0

sledhed

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
You can buy the electronic version fairly cheap if I recall correctly. If not PM me, I might have an electronic one I would have to look around, maybe for 2012, not sure, don't have a Pro-ride any more (recently moved to an Axys).

You are definitely due for maintenance top end... well, depending on type of miles I suppose but I would rather err on the side of safety. Had a catastrophic failure on a Skidoo 800 at about 1500 miles and the motor was basically junk, that can get expensive, so throw a set of Axys pistons in there. You will get lots of opinions on whose pistons to use... I tend to go OEM, Indy Dan recommends that too. Make sure you inspect (or have someone inspect) the cylinder skirts too, less common in the newer Pros but they can crack and even fail.

xtremejcx

Feb 16, 2019
Actually in Norway (where I’m from), many sleds go this far without opening the engine, some even go 5000 miles with nothing done. Anyways, I did a compression test and it showed 100psi on both cylinders so I’m probably going to do it. Already asked dealer and they wouldn’t lend me the manual. Been looking for it online aswell but with no luck.

AkRider217

Feb 12, 2017
Seward, Alaska
Just bought a used sled for pretty cheap knowing it had only 95psi, what's surprising though is the sled only has 2080 miles. Kind of funny you have more than twice as many miles and still have better compression. I don't know how my sled has this bad of compression. Doing a rebuild of course.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Mar 11, 2018
When a sled goes 5000 miles on pistons, they are commonly know as "trail miles"...LOL Not an anomoly, happens all the time.

xtremejcx

Feb 16, 2019
Actually no, mine has 4100 off trail miles. A lot of 5000 mile sleds are pro’s used for what they should be used for. Dealers just up the oil pump and they are good to go.

Last edited:

xtremejcx

Feb 16, 2019
I’ve had that manual for some time now, just now realised that piston change is actually partly covered in it.

TRS

Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
What about newer Axys pistons? Heard they are better, but more expensive of course.
We have been running the Pro pistons in the AXYS with great success. The AXYS pistons were having ring locating pin migration.

sledhed

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
We have been running the Pro pistons in the AXYS with great success. The AXYS pistons were having ring locating pin migration.
Yikes... so in that case the OP should be sticking with Pro pistons... Should I be worried about the '17 Axys I picked up this spring? Warranty is good until Feb 2020 but after that I am on my own... don't ride as hard as I used to but still they are mountain miles not trail miles... you have a piston "maintenance" interval recommendation for the Axys?

TRS

Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Yikes... so in that case the OP should be sticking with Pro pistons... Should I be worried about the '17 Axys I picked up this spring? Warranty is good until Feb 2020 but after that I am on my own... don't ride as hard as I used to but still they are mountain miles not trail miles... you have a piston "maintenance" interval recommendation for the Axys?
Hammer on it until the warranty runs out. Then think about replacing pistons.