• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 tunnel dump muffler

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Does anyone have a picture of the outlet inside the tunnel? I know there are a couple threads on the install process, but none of them show inside the tunnel. Is there some type of a deflector on the end to point the exhaust one way or the other? How long is it?

Has anyone installed this type of setup and not liked it for some reason?

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Speedwerx used to make one for the M7. I just want a pic of what the end looks like showing how the exhaust is directed into the suspension/track.

I'm building my own, so it isn't a bolt on deal.

Cans are not as complicated as some would want you to believe. It will have adjustable back pressure, just in case the infamous "M7 with can" bog rears its head.

FORDpickupman

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I didn't know anyone made one for the 7 either. Keep us posted on this. I might be interested in making something up too. I hate that right side bog when the powder is deeeeeep.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Subscribing. I'm interested in where you'll exit the engine bay and get into the tunnel. Please keep this updated!

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Same place the turbo guys exit that tunnel dump, it of course will use a smaller outlet. I would think the best place to exit would be within the track loop. Pressure shouldn't change there.

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Got it mostly finished today, it weighs 7.2 lbs.

a2aga9e6.jpg

gevaru2e.jpg

It sounds like a snowmobile now.

FORDpickupman

Last edited:
F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I installed a guard to keep my boot away from the pipe. This also tightened up that huge foot hole that has never felt right. I'm going to install the same guard in the left foot hole also.
I usually ride with me feet back a few inches anyhow.

Now I'll clean it up and paint it in high heat black.

I also did the Geo Mod on the rear scissor of the float.

FORDpickupman

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
deflector

could check the install instructions on bd site for m turbo install I think there is a pic of theirs. and mtn fit makes a screen cover for front dump.

D
Mar 10, 2009
Even with the guard there, I would still get some header wrap and wrap the part of the pipe that "could" get close to your boot. Header wrap is cheaper then a new pair of boots.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
5" Stack.
2" mandrel bent exhaust pipe from Speedway Racing
Sheet metal for the caps and baffles
Pillaged mounts and inlet bell from the stocker

I've probably got $50 in materials and consumables in this unit.

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
jeta7y8a.jpg

pysu9ady.jpg

I built a little turn down/back for the outlet before I was able to look at Boondocker's manual. It did have a great pic of the deflector. I'm going to run mine and see if I need the additional flap to keep the hot exhaust off of the drivers. It looks like it works as the exhaust does shoot away from the drivers while running in the shop, but I have not riden it yet to know for sure.

FORDpickupman

Last edited:
Premium Features