• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 with BD box keep dropping one cylinder

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I have my BD box on basically a bone stock 07 M1000. I have the fuel pressure set at 42psi (BMP regulator). I have the BD box setup to keep my EGT's in the 1150-1200 range through out the RPM range and at all throttle settings. This works well at 6000ft and up. When riding lower elevations at a steady throttle setting around 5400rpm in the low tps I will have the Mag cylinder drop out. I will see a good 400 deg difference in EGT temps. If I nail the throttle it will snap right up and pull hard. (Sometimes not but 90% of the time it will clean right up).

I am wondering if the ECU is compensating the fuel to the point that it is running rich and causing it to foul due to the lower elevations. I have copied my 6000ft fuel map and tried to adjust the fuel. I have to add a couple points to keep the temps below 1250 but then it wants to foul when I get out of it. Pulls hard, snap off the throttle and it will foul.

Any ideas. I plan to call BD tomorrow and talk about it but thought I would try the SW guys first.

Thanks

Thunder

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
take some fuel away at the proper rpm on just the mag side, low setting, whats your temp when it drops

To take fuel away I am sure I will need to adjust the trim on the box. I had the same thought. Just hadn't got to it yet.

As for temps. I would see 1050 on the PTO and 700 on the mag.

Thunder

Premium Features