• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Garrett 3071 vs 3076

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
So I am upgrading from a 3071 to 3076 full size garrett with a 1.06 tial housing..
My question is: is the 1.06 too big for a m1000 with linderman ported cylinders? Should I order a .82 tial housing?

From what I understand you want a .8x size housing, here is a post from earlier in this one. But the Tail housing might be different. If it was me I would run the .86. I know mine pulls hard and is very responsive. minimal lag.

Internally Wastegated Turbos I like:

.63 or .86 on the m7
.86 on the m8
.86 (ported) on the m1000

I know some like to squeeze the sleds down by using a smaller A/R. They spool awesome and pull great but remember they hold more heat (higher pipe pressure) and they shrink your tuning window. They squeak much easier and faster. I like to keep my tuning window broad and keep my heat down. This is why I leave them a little on the safe side. I tried the 1.06 on a m1000 and it was a dog..... Way too big... so I use the .86 and port it to loosen it up a bit....

Now externally Wastegated Turbos is where is gets fun and more complicated!!!!!!!! I have played with this on my m1200 turbo quite a bit. I think Pure Logic really likes this set up because it gives you tons of adjustability and tunability..... you are able to squeeze the sled down with a smaller A/R and get that snappiness on the bottom and with the external you keep your tuning window wide and your heat down on the top. But you have to have everything sized correctly and have the right springs... blah blah... you can pull your turbo out of its efficiency range pretty quick if your set up wrong... You have to know what your doing with these.... There are tons of different combinations, sizes, spring pressures, pipe pressures etc....you can mess with...

If you want it simple and easy use an internally wastegated turbo and spend your time on clutching to make the sled spool faster and pull harder...

Or buy an external from Pure Logic or someone that has them figured out and your clutching will be easier to figure out ...

Or if you like to mess around like me.... Go for It!!!!

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
So is it just the 1200's that run the 1.06? I read that post, just wasn't sure if that close with the tial as they are tighter.. I only run 10lbs and haven't seen a map showing that the bigger a/r helps at that boost.
The tial is a .82 and the regular garrett is a .86
Is the twisted 3076 everyone's running a internal waste gated WG version??

Who is running a full sized 3076 on the on a ported 1000??

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Talked with Gar and definitely 1.06 on the 1200 with 60mm turbine. That's tial housing.

On your setup I would guess the .86 would be fine still unless the porting really adds a lot more flow.

Im not sure what the other guys running twisted 3076's are full size or a wg with 76 comp either? Someone running one will probably chime in soon I'm sure.

G
Apr 4, 2008
GTX3582r

Check out our 1200 cat turbo two stroke on Bikeman performance facebook January 17,2013, Dyno sheet is posted. Bikeman performance has an excellent dyno facility. This is a flat lander 1000 ft speed run sled that has gone 174mph with a lot less power than we made on the dyno. Pics of sled are on 1200turbocat facebook page.

DD cat F1000 twin 1188 cylinders
Single DD pipe
GTX3582R
Ice water intercooler
Rage cages with thickest single reed petals ive ever tried
FAST Standalone Fuel control
MSD ignition
Weldon fuel pump .

We had many dyno passes at over 550hp, working our way up to 598hp but decided to push it even though AF was going up and FP was going down because of undersized fuel pump and injectors.

Last edited:
Premium Features