• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m-8 mbrp can!

J
Feb 13, 2008
just installed my mbrp can. The tapered hole where the pipe hooks to the can was out of round and had an exhaust leak. Had to use exhaust sealant to seal up the leak. Wondering if this is par for the course or if I should return it for a new one. Love the sound and weight loss. Not to impressed on fit for the price though. Anyone with similar experience?

C
Nov 17, 2008
can qualty

I purchaced the mbrp for my m8 and had the same problem. I returned it to factory and got a new one shipped to my door. Great service but I don't feel it should have been sold in the first place. You could have got my old one.The other thing that is very poor is the brown color it turns after it gets hot. I am currently trying to get my money back.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I had the same problem with mine the fit was terrible and i think that it caused my exhaust to leak as well,i switched to the slp pipe package and all leaks were gone i think i am going to get a hold of mbrp see if they can refund or replace can as i have no use for it anymore. I had to remove my slp y pipe and pipe until i can pick up a fuel management system i am going to run it with the slp can and stock exhaust tomorrow if it don't leak then the mbrp was the problem i have been pissing around with this all winter and to me to much silicon looks terrible.

Premium Features