• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lurkers.....Speak up

B
Nov 28, 2007
Hi Tony . Could you Tone it done a little .Your taking the Powder from this thread. I was trying to find the others that might be interested in the oneski sport that have been around and convince them to speak up . Your attitude is changing this threads comroddery(sp.) I'd appreciate it Thank you .

B
Jan 12, 2009
Hello. My name is Brian, and I have a Snow Hawk addiction.

It started a year ago when I found an 05 600 I managed to wheel and deal on. I had never ridden a Hawk, but knew I had to try it. A year later, I love it more and more each time I take it out. I think I am hooked.

Just joined the forum. Looking to learn more about Hawks, and maybe find some people to ride with in the U.P. (Negaunee).

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Hi Brian. welcome to the forum. The hawk will continue to grow on ya and probably your friends. There is alot of knowledge on this forum and every body will help ya. Thats the cool part about the Hawk riders.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Welcome the 4m Big-Air, don't be afraid to start any threads and ask any questions. There is a ton of knowledge here and all are willing to share. Reading you are from Negaunee brought back some memories, I used to live there for a couple of years when I was in elementary school. Holy crap that reminds me of a time my stepdad made me go out on the lake to go smelt fishing in a 12 foot friggin boat and a 2 1/2 horse motor. A storm came in and we almost sank. Anyway back on topic welcome aboard, LOL.

X
Sep 15, 2008
i'm really curious to know if the majority of the hawkers here are ex-two-skiers or motorcyclists trying to escape the sadness of winter.

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
snow hawk gal was originally surfer gal

I am neither...I use to surf....and ride horses. I just started snowmobiling when I met Snow Hawk Addict and I may be the only chick that rides a 120 and not all day but this year I promise promise double promise I will ride the 503....

I started riding dirt bikes several years ago and rode at the Desert 100 on my Honda 150, we met Cailen that year. That was a blast the ride was amazing and so were the people. It was cool for Cailen to meet Tony and Dennis. We were in our going into out second year of the Snow Hawk promotion here.

Anyhow I know that most people were dirt bike riders, but some people never rode anything. Paul the Dentist in our group was Tony's dental hygenist and after having to listen to him talk he came out riding and now he owns Hawks and rides his motorcycle everywhere. Before that he just hiked :confused:

Maybe Poacher will come to Hawkfest and I can ride his 503.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Twoskis = Couch/quad!

Both, was an avid snowmobiler draged into it by my fellow dirtbike friends.
Also have over 100K on my BMW GS1150's.

What the motorcyclist does not realize is even with snowmobiling, winter motorsports will hook you maybe even more than our Twowheelers.
But untill they get draged screaming their worst fears they will never know.

Ask around, most diehard mc guys make the comparison to a quad even before they swing a leg, the Hawk was everything they would have desired yet as you suggest the winter negative and nobody getting behind it with passion never got it noticed by it's true market.

I loved snowmobiling, still smile when I steal a guys who won't ride my Hawk when offered "warning Twoskiers" and treat it like the rag doll straight line performance, hill climbers they are!

If the Snow Hawk did not exhist, you probably would have never seen me on any forum trying to get it out there, I would have gone a different route which I think is also needed, getting motorcyclists to try snowmobiling.

No need to tell the other Twoskiers what they allready know, but antagonizing them till they give another look at what they were ignoring was needed, and were this forum is today is proof no mater what any of you who disaprove of my tactics say.

No mater what they think, if a talented Twoskier were to learn to ride a Snow Hawk like machine priced reasonably and built to their riding preference, the machine would eventually become their favorite and their Dinosaur would be left behind.

Putt that in your pipe and smoke it!

X
Sep 15, 2008
100k on a bmw GS? you must be on ADVrider.com eh? that's pretty cool.

Im not sure what didn't attract more motorcylists to the hawk. i'm sure a big part was price. whenever i brought it up on motorcycle forums the discussion would start off with most people saying it's awesome, then some would come in and say, for that price you can get a really nice snowmobile. of course since none of them ride snowmobiles they don't really know the difference. then it seemed as if comparing two unknown variables, (a two ski and a 1 ski), combined with a price they were barely willing to accept in the first place, just totally killed the idea.

R
Dec 26, 2007
Me, a lurker?

I suppose after 3-4 years of not posting I am a lurker, bought my first hawk in Sept 2001 from Prarie Performance in Saskatoon, SAS, one of the first Hawks in the NW, have 3 now...1-503 and 2 600's. I followed its development for several years before it was released in 2001...yes I was hooked way before I saw one in person. I have ridden dirt bikes and sleds since the early 70's. I have one sled left-snowhawk support vehicle!

S
Nov 27, 2007
Hey Ralph .Long time. Ralf, Darin and myself were about the only others on here in 04 , and Tony.

Me Too, Me Too, Don't forget the 'Jockey, since '03!!
Good show Ralf, lurking is a positive attribute! Imagine if the 'Addict only lurked... We would still have some respect on the rest this forum;)(there isn't an elbowing smiley). I think Darin has a new handle. He chimes in only rarely these days. He definitely pushed the envelope in the early days with his 600.

R
Dec 26, 2007
After spending countless hours experimenting, wrenching and lots of trial/error with the help of many of the old forum members, I have pretty much gone there-done that with the Hawk and have settled down to riding more and not spending so much time trying to make the Hawk perform better. A good clutch, a Simmons ski and a long track (144") with proper suspension setup is probably as good as it gets, or as good as it needs to be for me.
After all the years of riding a Hawk here in Idaho, I am still surprised at the number of folks who have never seen or ridden one. "hawk-gawkers"

T
Nov 3, 2008
ralf? Do you have a 600?

I am curious about the length of you track and how it handles?

Have you had the 136 on yours before or did you go to the 144 off the bat?

Just looking for some input for mine now that I will have some spare time doing nothing around the house.

R
Dec 26, 2007
Defboy,
yes, I have a 600, I bought it with the 136" track and converted about 3 years ago to a 144". I purchased a set of extension rails, but modified the track from a Polaris sled. (too much work) As you might imagine it is NOT trail friendly, way too hard to turn. That isn't a concern to me because I don't ride much trail, if any. But for powder it is awesome! Much better float and traction. I am running the 10" wide Simmons with the wings to help turn it.

Premium Features