• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low fuel light on after summer

A
Oct 29, 2014
Hey new to the forums here, been lurking the last few weeks feeding off the wealth of knowledge and cant say thanks enough. Tried to search for info on this but couldn't find anything. So I just started my 09 Summit X for the first time after summer storage, I didn't do much for summer storage but this fall I topped the fuel tank off, checked all the fluids, cleaned carbs, cleaned/rebuilt the clutches, and changed the chain case oil. When I started it today the low fuel light turned on with a full tank, I know these sleds have issues with that light but could something I did working on it this last week have caused it to turn on? Could letting it sit with about half a tank all summer have caused this light to come on? Thanks for any info

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Try pulling the fuel sender and manualing moving maybe free it up? Could see it getting stuck from sitting.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Yeah it's on the chaincase side if remember correctly. May need a special tool but I will try and remember to look in manual tomorrow and let you know

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
its the wire between the airbox and the fuel tank. behind the secondary. if they come loose thats what happens

D

Dan J

Jan 13, 2012
Washington
Hi had the same problem on my 09 xp and replaced the fuse checked the sender but in the end it was the float in the tank went bad. It was a $70 fix for the complete unit and was easy to replace,(plugs in to the front of the tank) just pull the air box and make sure you get the front of the sled up as high as you can or drain as much fuel as you can first. Hope this help's

Premium Features