• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking to meet snow machine or snowbike riders in NorCal or NorNevada?

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Title sounds like a dating site opener! :eyebrows:

What a guyhas to do when he has no friends that ride snow! I live in foothills off hwy50 just below Tahoe. Just about to pick up a KTM/Timbersled and looking for people to ride with. Come from a 35yr moto riding background. Plus longer background in skiing. Know motocycles and skiing on a high level, and reading mountain terrain like the back of my hand. But new to motorized snow riding. Dont expect too long of a learning curve for myself. But obviously dont want to be in the back country by myself.

I come prepared, avi pack, beacon, shovel, probe and geared properlery. My **** if always meticulous maintained and preped by myself. Prestine 2016 Timbersled 137 SX on 2014 KTM 450 XC.

I am within an hour to most high sierra's riding locations. Got new snow on the near horizon in the high elevations. Super pumped to get on on this thing.

Feel free to reach out to me if you dont mind me tagging along with you and or your group. Either snowbikes or snow machines.

Also, VERY interested in using machines to get into the backcountry and ski some good BC lines. Obviously cant shuttle with snowbike once reaching the best lines, but if you ride snowmachine, I will chip in for gas to shuttle lines.

Call or text
Thanks Dave
916-709-9101

R
Apr 18, 2016
Haha, Dave,

I was in the same situation last year....47 years old looking for new friends, it was weird. Had to prove myself worthy same as you...maintenance properly equipped, all that. I had a little working against me as I was on a Timbersled raw on a 20 year old CR500 so all the guys riding 20016KTM's with new Yeti kits on the back I think were a little scared when they first met me. These guys have turned into my favorite riding buddies snow and dirt.

Hang in there we should be getting some snow around here hopefully soon, I'll try giving you a call, we ride closer to you with the snowbikes than we do to me. Lot of time was spent up off Luther pass....good times.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Awesome, thanks for the response. Honestly, being new to this sport, I have no idea how many other riders there are out there in this area. Sounds like there may be a good amount.

Totally understand the "feeling out the new guy" and making sure he and his equipment is legit and he is not a goon. I organize big desert offroad dualsport and 4 wheel desert car trips. In my group of friends, I am the guy all my group counts on to organize, plot and design the whole gps route, manage the miles when it comes to gas stops, create and pass on the GPS files to them before the trip. I have done this in both the north american desert and Baja. I take being preped, my machinery (which I maintain) dialed, and screen who is in the group, very seriously. We all run 5watt handheld VHF radios (on the bikes) that are wired to our bars with push to talk buttons and 110w radios (in the prerunners) with our helmets wired with speakers and mics. COMs are huge when in middle of no where in the desert and Baja.

So I can assure on paper when looking at my machinery and person, I will look legit. Lets just hope my riding will look as good! :face-icon-small-hap In my own world, I am pretty confident I will pick it up quick!

Again, thanks for the response. I am so pumped to get out as soon as it FRICKEN snows!!!!

Haha, Dave,

I was in the same situation last year....47 years old looking for new friends, it was weird. Had to prove myself worthy same as you...maintenance properly equipped, all that. I had a little working against me as I was on a Timbersled raw on a 20 year old CR500 so all the guys riding 20016KTM's with new Yeti kits on the back I think were a little scared when they first met me. These guys have turned into my favorite riding buddies snow and dirt.

Hang in there we should be getting some snow around here hopefully soon, I'll try giving you a call, we ride closer to you with the snowbikes than we do to me. Lot of time was spent up off Luther pass....good times.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Well, after a VERY hard decision, I decided to go with snow machine over snowbike. I ended up with a 2017 Polaris Axys 155. So this thread is still the same as I am interested in meeting people to ride with, but I am riding a sled now.

Just need some fricken snow now!

snowrydr

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2012
East side of Sierras
There are several snowbike riders around Tahoe, I personally know 8 to 12 or so. I haven't ridden this year because of no snow pack. I don't want to break stuff.

Premium Features