• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lookin for some steps/nerf bars/runnin boards

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I have been looking for a while for a set of bars that look like the N-Fabs (wheel to wheel, 6 step bars) that mount to the frame rather then pinch weld on the Dodges.

Anyone have any leads? Found some CattlemanHD ones that don't look too bad, but haven't found their step model yet; only the board model.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Pinch weld? Please enlighten me because i was going to get some 6step N-fabs for my mega cab. I thought they bolted to the frame like every other bar.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Here is how the N-Fab's mount:

CIMG0134.jpg

See the complete lack of support between the mount point and the frame? Get a big enough person to use those steps and you will be flexing your cab at the lowest welded seam.

I guess I just didn't look hard enough before, came across a set of bars this morning after posting this thread made by Tough Country. (clicky)

They are a good bit more expensive then the N-Fab, but they mount direct to the frame.

Also found the Bodyguard Truck Accessories (clicky) steps.

3279721210_558b7c31e1_o.jpg

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Thats really a piss poor mounting idea for the N-fab. I really like the bars tho. could weld up up some supports to those bars that run to the frame.

Premium Features